• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeOrtiz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    East Chicago
    What do you think of Taurus Revolvers? I love my Smith and Wesson Model 10, and I was at a gunshop Friday. They had a Taurus Model 82 for $299.95 and it look remarkable. It handled well and the single action was just as good as Smith's. The double action could use some TLC and maybe some tuning. Overall I was impressed. But looks are not that important if it is going to turn into a paperweight.

It's neither here nor there, but many people have told me they are garbage. I want to know what you think. Especially from an owners perspective.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I have a Taurus .357 stainless 6" bought back in the early 90's and it's great.
    Maybe not quite as high & tight as a Smith or Colt, but a great gun for the money and it's very accurate.
    For $300 you really can't get hurt.
    Since you have a Smith model 10 already, you would be a good judge if the Taurus you are looking at is any good or not.
    Taurus has good customer service if you have an issue, so I say go for it.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I have a Taurus .357 stainless 6" bought back in the early 90's and it's great.
    Maybe not quite as high & tight as a Smith or Colt, but a great gun for the money and it's very accurate.
    For $300 you really can't get hurt.
    Since you have a Smith model 10 already, you would be a good judge if the Taurus you are looking at is any good or not.
    Taurus has good customer service if you have an issue, so I say go for it.

They are in the middle of a big recall/lawsuit, and it's my understanding that they're swamped and CS has suffered. I have a 24/7 that's covered under the recall and I'm sitting on it till things get sorted out. That said, I hope I'm given the choice to have my 24/7 replaced with one of their revolvers.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I personally would stay away. If you only have three hundred to spend and want a six gun go with a used Ruger.

My brother in-law has a 6" Taurus .357 and I know it failed and needed some work. I don't recall what happened. I know it was something with the cylinder mechanism.

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    Taurus CS can be terrible, I know first hand.

Save the xtra $ and buy a Smith or a Ruger, that is the best advice I can give, and you really can't go wrong with that advice.
    A Smith or comparable Ruger are better firearms....simple as that.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I own and shoot no less than 5 Taurus revolvers.
    Model 605 Titanium .357mag 2" barrel
    Model 327 Stainless .327 Fed/mag 2" barrel
    Model 607 Blued 7-shot .357mag 4" ported barrel
    "Ultra-Lite" Judge .410ga/.45Colt 2-1/2" chamber 4" barrel
    Raging Bull .454 Casull Stainless 8-3/8" barrel

Never had the first issue with any of them.
    They do not have the fit and finish of Ruger or S&W, let alone Colt, but they are entirely serviceable firearms.
    Aside from the PT92 and PT99 I would stay away from their semi-autos.
    I love my PT99 but I got rid of the rest of my Taurus semi-auto pistols.

dancrichy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I have shot several Taurus' before and Liked them. They felt good shooting them and I never had a problem the times I have shot their revolvers. My brother has one and doesn't complain about it at all. He probably shoots it about once or twice a month, so not a ton, but definitely likes it!

Top Bottom