• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rj3438

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    I'm curious as to what others use for targets. I'm looking for alternatives to some of the usual items such as paper targets and cans.

Location is private property so there's no restrictions on the type of target other than avoiding items that are difficult to clean up such as glass.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Clay pidgons are fun and inexpensive. Shoot the target then try to break each of the pieces, then the pieces of the pieces, etc. This is a great game at 50 yards with a .22 or closer with a handgun.
    OR, fill a 1 gal. plastic jug with water and screw on the lid tight. Stand back and blast it with something that has fairly high velocity ( hot 357 or CZ52 come t mind). Neat water shower.
    Anything that gives a reaction to being hit is more fun than just putting holes in paper.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Watermelons!

P1010013.jpg

P1010044-1.jpg

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Paper plates are my go-to targets for handgun, but I'm looking into the plastic 'self-healing' swingers.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Milk jugs full of water and my dad's 12ga were my favorite growing up. Nothing says "F YEA!" like a jug of water blowing up all over your back yard! LOL

Unfortunately my only target and target stand is a make-shift stand made from a baby gate, some scrap wood to make it stand up and cardboard across the gate part to put my Shoot-N-C targets on. I'll get pics up if you'd like to see it.

I still like the watermelon and water jugs... :D

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    Any jug with water and ballistic tip rifle ammo. They make good flips at 100 yards with the 22-250. Cheap cola pop in cans explodes pretty cool also.

500 S&W does really good on pumpkins.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    I usually pick up a case of water from rural king or walmart for around 3 or 4 bucks and drink some and shoot some.
    A .5litre bottle is a challenge at 100 yds with open sights. (well, it is FOR ME anyway)

anifong

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Marshall County, IN
    my son and nephew had a blast in the backyard with pop cans filled with water and my .22 rifles. Saw suggestion of coins glued to a board on a site linked here, that sounds like fun, too. Gonna give the melons a try sometime, too.

Top Bottom