• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    I'm due to pick up my guardian here soon, and I'm just wondering what you nfa veterans primarily use your suppressors for? One of the driving factors behind me getting it is my wife is extremely noise sensitive, and that's a big reason she doesn't like shooting with me. If a $425 investment can get her shooting, it's well worth it. So, what do you use it for?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I have a lot of kids shooting groups that come out. I use my rimfire suppressor for them. Noise scares kids, and no matter what you have to make the shooting experience enjoyable for them on their first few trips if your goal is to further the sport. If a suppressor can help do that its money well spent in my eyes.

Its also a safety bonus. With out ear protection kids hear my commands easier, and makes everyone safer.

digitalrebel80

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    New Whiteland
    They also make it easier to break a flinching reflex
    I have a lot of kids shooting groups that come out. I use my rimfire suppressor for them. Noise scares kids, and no matter wahat you have to make the shooting experience enjoyable for them on their first few trips if your goal is to further the sport. If a suppressor can help do that its money well spent in my eyes.

Its also a safety bonus. With out ear protection kids hear my commands easier, and makes everyone safer.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    .22 cans are so much fun, they get rid of almost all the noise and pretty much all of the small amounts of muzzle blast and recoil a .22 has. My wife enjoys shooting a Kel Tec SU-22 with a red dot and a can on it.

9mm cans are fun on a pistol, but not real useful in the real world, on a carbine, they are almost as quiet as a suppressed .22

Rifle caliber center fire cans are useful for reducing recoil and muzzle blast as well as some noise. My .308 FN PBR is a pleasure to shoot all day with the can on it but without, it gets less fun after a couple boxes of ammo. Some oddball stuff, like suppressed .300 BLK can be very quiet, but most center fire rifles are uncomfortable without hearing protection. Ive shot a few rounds of .223 and .308 suppressed without ear pro and it was fine, but too many will leave you with a headache.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I use mine for everything... literally... the only time I take it off is when it is illegal in some manner (going to a prohibited state etc). I target shoot with it on, I hunt with it on, all of the above...

I estimate I have approximately 4,000 rounds through it now (.30 cal Form 1 suppressor on a .308 rifle).

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    When it is raining or I am more lazy than normal I shoot in my living room out to the targets in the front yard.

Have stopped a couple tree rats from destroying more of my stuff this way as well.

... only with the rimfire can.

Top Bottom