• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Don's

I have went there several times and bought 2 or 3 things.. he had some hard to find ammo for a old military revolver, actually a Japanese type 26 revolver and the ammo is very unusual. I think I remember this ammo being in his shop near castleton ( you know where he burnt the chinese AK's at...lol..) he charged $75 for the box of 50, and the cheapest I found it anywhere was over $125. and sometimes I get some old accessories there, he had some old lyman tong reloading tools in the boxes I bought cheap... but never have found a gun I needed..lol. In other words if he does not know what it's worth, you can get a good deal there..lol.. i just go in there every once in a while for fun. It was kind of amazing when davis went out of business and he had a case full of the p32's and p380's stacked in their boxes like cordwood, I bet there was 3 or 400 of the things in that case.

steif

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    He stays in Business because almost everyone knows who he is and what he sells, The advertising he does pays for itself many times over.

As almost anyone that is a non-gun person where is a gun shop and I bet most will say don's... it's like this.. if you don't know where cars are sold and you only find one car dealer you would not think about his prices being bad, cause you don't know any better, or don't care to research anything.
    or just don't give a hoot...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I wonder why no other gun shop does TV advertising? I see print ads from time to time (Target Sports in Sheridan, for example), but never on TV. I know TV time isn't cheap, but it's gotta bring in business or not even Don would do it.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    Pops use to do commercials.

You mean Don's East?

It seems like once you do TV commercials you start down a slippery slope.

Think about the people who generally watch day-time tv... unemployed, uneducated, typically lower-class, etc etc. Of course there are exceptions, but generally speaking, they kinds of people that see commercials during day-time tv are also the ones that would be shopping at Don's

SouthBendIN

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Midwest Gun Exchange up here has been doing TV advertising lately. The commercial I saw last week was on at night time.

ZX Guns (or whatever they are called) in Goshen does TV also.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    You mean Don's East?

It seems like once you do TV commercials you start down a slippery slope.

Think about the people who generally watch day-time tv... unemployed, uneducated, typically lower-class, etc etc. Of course there are exceptions, but generally speaking, they kinds of people that see commercials during day-time tv are also the ones that would be shopping at Don's

Come to think about it YOU are on the internet at 930 monday morning???:popcorn::cheers:

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Well.... I was up there today to laugh at the prices and see what they were selling things I have bought for. It always makes me sick. I guess when you are in the ghetto people will pay for weapons (??) or drive a truck through a door in possible protest. I saw a Rifle I paid $1400 for (and that was inflated) selling for $2000!!!!!!!!!! I would not spend a cent there if I were you. I would believe that it is true

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    What about the forum flooding folks?

I wonder about the people who seem to live on their computers and flood forums like this one with dribble so they can have more posts than anyone else. We have our share on INGO. :dunno:

Top Bottom