• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Since an ad displays instead of a phone number, it sounds like a false positive based on a pattern match in the link. The forum software isnt smart enough to know the difference between a 10 digit number string and a phone number. (possibly even in a 3-3-4 pattern)

I use an email filter at work that blocks SSNs and CC#s when some bonehead doesnt realize email isnt secure and decides to send that info out. We had a vendor that we couldnt reply to because it said his message contained a CC#. Looking closely, his CRM software they use to track messages used an account number that was not only 16 digits long, but coincidentally started with a valid bank # for a MasterCard. Really freaked them out too when we told them about it because they were the same 4 digits as their corporate card. Not sure if it was coincidence or not, but in the end it was nothing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The forum coding changed few months ago, something regarding privacy settings.

I run AdBlock and Ghostery on my browser and 3rd party cookies and trackers blocked.

I have set cookie exceptions to allow on very specific websites, ingunowners.com is one of them.

Before the change, I stayed log on to INGO, but after the change, I still can log on but it would kick me out after turning few pages or no activity for few minutes.

I have to constantly log back in,

We are on a new server now.
    Site was sold sometime back and that is when you saw all the changes.

Minifire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2017
    USA
    Oh, thank you, you have just clarified the question that I also didn't understand but hesitated to ask. :) When I posted pictures here I even tried to get rid of these notifications, but didn't know how... Yes, we definitely should spend more time in classifieds ))))

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    interesting.
    So, in addition to checking browser blockers, etc we should ALSO log in and be full members (or even paying members... gasp!) of INGO

Top Bottom