• Which Dog Breed Do You Prefer??

• Total voters

cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    Understood, but it doesn't even address my concerns/questions, and I suspect that others here feel just as I do.

1 breeding pair is still a puppy mill, just on a smaller scale than one with 300 animals.

If you are not breeding for conformity of the breed standard then what is the real point. Anyone can get 2 dogs and breed them. Doesn't mean they will produce quality dogs. Doesn't mean the dogs will be healthy. So again, and this is my last comment on your thread, please do NOT do this.[/

im not even planning on keeping them penned up, so how is that a puppy mill??? I have 14 acres of land for dogs to roam free. I've shown dogs professionally also, so I would say I'm pretty set on keeping them at the best level I can. Not saying I'm gonna have champion bloodlines, but they will be all registered. I've dealt with them quite a few times. I hope you aren't quick to judge everyone like you are to me, good grief.

cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    Understood, but it doesn't even address my concerns/questions, and I suspect that others here feel just as I do.

1 breeding pair is still a puppy mill, just on a smaller scale than one with 300 animals.

If you are not breeding for conformity of the breed standard then what is the real point. Anyone can get 2 dogs and breed them. Doesn't mean they will produce quality dogs. Doesn't mean the dogs will be healthy. So again, and this is my last comment on your thread, please do NOT do this.

im not even planning on keeping them penned up, so how is that a puppy mill??? I have 14 acres of land for dogs to roam free. I've shown dogs professionally also, so I would say I'm pretty set on keeping them at the best level I can. Not saying I'm gonna have champion bloodlines, but they will be all registered. I've dealt with them quite a few times. I hope you aren't quick to judge everyone like you are to me, good grief.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Do pens have much to do as being a mill? I don't think so, so long as dogs can get together and recreate I think is all that it takes to be a puppy mill (large or small)
    I'm not sure what showing dogs has to do with breeding them, and part time? Taking care of puppies isn't training them to walk around and sit on command.
    And one puppy is often a full time job let alone several puppies.

But that is my non professional experience with raising puppies when we get one as a pet.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    For the live and let live crowd this is some some of the most judgmental garble I've heard lately. I (we) raised a litter of registered Wire Haired Terrier pups back in the 70's in an apt in a play pen. No dogs or owners were injured in the process. It was a learning experience (they need their tails cropped?) and was more for the joy of it than the $$. I would often run into some of the pups and their owners (in the neighborhood) as they grew up. I would agree that doing this as a side business is what is piquing the rabble.

Last edited:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I am not sure why you are going with a golden retriever or yellow lab, but it seems you are looking at retrievers or maybe a stereo typical "family dog"

I voted lab between the two but if I wanted a retriever, I personally wouldn't choose either one. I'd go with a Chesapeake or a Toller.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    redacted.

I think many of us missed this wasnt a "what pet should I get" poll.

I'm out. If you proceed, may you step in :poop: too many times and stain the carpets.

Just dont.

Last edited:

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    For the live and let live crowd this is some some of the most judgmental garble I've heard lately. I (we) raised a litter of registered Wire Haired Terrier pups back in the 70's in an apt in a play pen. No dogs or owners were injured in the process. It was a learning experience (they need their tails cropped?) and was more for the joy of it than the $$. I would often run into some of the pups and their owners (in the neighborhood) as they grew up. I would agree that doing this as a side business is what is piquing the rabble.

:yesway:......Yeah, that......geeezzzus...:rolleyes:

LOT's o' Yorkies born here, an' the 4 I got left.....was BORN here......the 2 young'st are sisters....

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Both good breeds......but I'a have ta say Golden(s).....:yesway:

Lost my 'big red girl' Cinnamon......March 31.....5:47 PM.....:( .......made sure my voice the LAST thing she heard, as I held on to her 1 last time...."Dad's HERE, baby.......Dad's here....."
    she was bettter'n 17 yrs.....no hip/joint problems......but her liver(tumors) kill'd her....an' I miss her terribly......:(

aCyufR.jpg

CdcYi9.jpg

LUV'd the snow.....I let'r stay out past winter, long's she want'd.....cuzz I know'd it'd be her last 1....:(

9vz9Op.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Breaking my own rule and posting again.

Not judging just pointing out facts.

The fact that they are not penned does not mean anything!

You admit that you are not going to have champion bloodlines ... Translation: you are clearly not interested in breeding for the best, you just want to make a few $$$ on the side and hope to prey on the ignorant.

If you have shown dogs then you know damn well that AKC registration is pretty close to meaningless. Clearly stating the fact that you will have them all registered reinforces my point above that you intent to prey on the ignorance of your future customers who mistakenly believe that "AKC registration" = 'show' quality or at least breed conformity.

Still have not addresses health, still have not addressed OFA certificates of the parents, etc.

I stand by EVERYTHING that I wrote and more emphatically suggest that you should NOT do this.

cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    Breaking my own rule and posting again.

Not judging just pointing out facts.

The fact that they are not penned does not mean anything!

You admit that you are not going to have champion bloodlines ... Translation: you are clearly not interested in breeding for the best, you just want to make a few $$$ on the side and hope to prey on the ignorant.

If you have shown dogs then you know damn well that AKC registration is pretty close to meaningless. Clearly stating the fact that you will have them all registered reinforces my point above that you intent to prey on the ignorance of your future customers who mistakenly believe that "AKC registration" = 'show' quality or at least breed conformity.

Still have not addresses health, still have not addressed OFA certificates of the parents, etc.

I stand by EVERYTHING that I wrote and more emphatically suggest that you should NOT do this.
    Ok yea.... I plan on breeding bad quality dogs. I hope your not as dumb as you sound.

Top Bottom