• ...and so much more!
  • Which Dog Breed Do You Prefer??

• Total voters

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I'll vote Lab, but I'm not your target audience. I won't buy dogs from any breeder. My furkids come from shelters.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I am not sure why you are going with a golden retriever or yellow lab, but it seems you are looking at retrievers or maybe a stereo typical "family dog"

I voted lab between the two but if I wanted a retriever, I personally wouldn't choose either one. I'd go with a Chesapeake or a Toller.

I have my first Chesapeake, I thought about a Toller mainly because of the small size, but the excessive fur and that vocal screaming they do when excited is more than I can handle. Plus I wanted to do that hard headed Chessie thing. I always enjoyed hard headed labs.. A Toller is a heck of a duck dog..

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I would be willing to have one of these:
    NWS_2014-07-30_NEW_002_32451258_I1.JPG

I'm a shallow pig, I'd have to see her without the dog sitting in front of her before I took her home. Hell her ass could be as wide as the dog and you wouldn't know it from this photo!!!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Oh and as to the OP, we have one each Lab, Black, Yellow and Chocolate. We call the Chocolate our meth lab because she's half crazy, the yellow is just now 6 months old (we forgot how much "fun" puppies can be), and unfortunately our black is starting to go blind but it is amazing how adaptive they are! We love our fur kids!!

Last edited:

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I'm not going to pile on and judge, I'm just going to say if you are going to breed, do it right. Sounds like you have the knowledge and ability to do so. Many years ago, we bred Dobermans. Mostly just because I felt we could raise quality dogs, I enjoy spending time with dogs and puppies, so why not make a little $ doing something I love? Things can go wrong and it can be heartbreaking. We had 2 litters and I decided no more. I'm not a huge Lab or Golden fan, I would lean toward Lab, just because I like low-maintenance fur, but I saw an awesome Golden compete in agility on TV the other day...had no idea a Golden could move that fast and have that kind of drive!

Top Bottom