• ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    My Mom went to Psy ops stuff.............and I quote exactly here:

"You gotta sleep some time, and when you do I am going to stove you in with a 2x4"

Yeah, I don't sleep so good, I keep a lot of Benadryl in my preps too. It helps! Book#4 "My Mom is so Mean/Tough she......."

This thread prioves it, you can't totally prep for every contingency. You prep your mind and the rest will follow. Ghandi Zoub has spoken.

Are we related?!

Another pearl of wisdom I learned from Mom...
    You can run if you want, I ain't going to chase you. You will forget and come home sometime...

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    a lot of people also forget that the stores dont open by themselves. It takes people. and you can bet that people who only make minimum wage are not gonna own a 4x4 just so they can make sure your local walmart is open in a snowstorm for you to buy food. so even if the stores are not looted, they might not even be open. same with gas stations, etc. It blew my mind that on christmas day when I wanted some breakfast before we hit the road (we don't cook very much :), and my wife, CANT cook) all that was open was hardees! couldn't believe that McDonalds wasn't open. at least not in Beech Grove.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Are we related?!

Another pearl of wisdom I learned from Mom...
    You can run if you want, I ain't going to chase you. You will forget and come home sometime...
    Hmmm? If you are half Korean, Vietnamese, Japanese, Thai, Laotian, Eskimo or a few others, then maybe. I have been waiting for that knock at the door from an unknown half-brother.

Mom is from The Bronx, in her mid 70's and still trains daily. What she brings to the team is close in work. She uses Mace, Revolver and a hammer.

When she says "Son-of-a-B****" she kind of sounds like Charles Bronson so we call her Chuck.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Many good comments by lots of folks. I have a question though...
    "Dredd, have you learned anything, or at least received a satisfactory answer to your question?"
    I'd like to hear from you again.
    That is asking a lot Mark. Part of prepping is being a realist. The OP won't be back to visit this disaster.

Would you?

If this thread runs long enough it will become the "storm of 78" thread.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Hmmm? If you are half Korean, Vietnamese, Japanese, Thai, Laotian, Eskimo or a few others, then maybe. I have been waiting for that knock at the door from an unknown half-brother.

Mom is from The Bronx, in her mid 70's and still trains daily. What she brings to the team is close in work. She uses Mace, Revolver and a hammer.

When she says "Son-of-a-B****" she kind of sounds like Charles Bronson so we call her Chuck.

Nope Dang it...

I am a Euro-Trash mutt. Scot, Irish, Welsh, and some Dutch/German mostly I am sure there is some other mixed in there as well...

Mom uses a .380, a .30 Carbine, and the deadliest yardstick you have ever seen in your life...

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Defeat...

How about you swear fealty to the Emperor of the World and we'll talk about funding! :dunno:

Go ahead. Keep making your pitiful preparations. It will all be for naught, for in the times of high adventure I will crush your pathetic armies and all who stand before me. You will be as mewling kittens who shall taste blood instead of milk.

Last edited:

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    a lot of people also forget that the stores dont open by themselves. It takes people. and you can bet that people who only make minimum wage are not gonna own a 4x4 just so they can make sure your local walmart is open in a snowstorm for you to buy food. so even if the stores are not looted, they might not even be open. same with gas stations, etc. It blew my mind that on christmas day when I wanted some breakfast before we hit the road (we don't cook very much :), and my wife, CANT cook) all that was open was hardees! couldn't believe that McDonalds wasn't open. at least not in Beech Grove.

Two things here....First, I drive all the way to Greenfield just to get me some biscuits and gravy from Hardee's.(you are lucky) Second, it could be considered a perk only living two blocks from a grocery store which one manager lives in walking distance as well. It could provide some entertainment just to watch how long it takes someone to put a brick through the window in a crisis.

If I ever need a fire starter I will burn the history book I read about the snow storm Zoub keeps mentioning.

One week minimum of food and supplies in the winter should be considered a staple for every hoosier home.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    There is going to be a Nutella shortage... dang, another thing to hoard now.:D

An interruption of civil services and the ensuing lack of NUTELLA.

Here ya go, guys. No shortage here. :):
    picture.php

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Go ahead. Keep making your pitiful preparations. It will all be for naught, for in the times of high adventure I will crush your pathetic armies and all who stand before me. You will be as mewling kittens who shall taste blood instead of milk.

OK how about this you swear fealty to the realm...

And you can become the Duke of the Ohio River Valley...

Or I could just sic Zoub and the Minions on you instead...

Your choice...

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I prep for the same reasons everyone else has listed. Most importantly though, it is a hobby and a useful one at that. What good are your baseball cards, stamps, comic books, star wars action figures, etc....if you have no food, water, heat, ability to defend it.......Oh, and did I mention that my grandparents survived the great depression? Well they did and they told me to always be prepared for the worst as did everyone else that I have ever known whom survived the depression or ANY other hardship. Ever notice how the advice of those who DIDN'T survive gets passed down?

MarkR

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indianapolis - West Side
    That is asking a lot Mark. Part of prepping is being a realist. The OP won't be back to visit this disaster.

Would you?

Zoub, depends on whether or not I was serious about the question. If I was seriously asking, then yes I'd comment again. If nothing else, just to say "Thanks" for the responses. Kind of says something about the OP's original intent, doesn't it?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    OK how about this you swear fealty to the realm...

And you can become the Duke of the Ohio River Valley...

Or I could just sic Zoub and the Minions on you instead...

Your choice...

It has already been foretold. In the time after the Great Collapse there shall arise a man of singular purpose and mind, a great unifying force, who will lead an army the size of which has never before been seen on this Earth. This man will conquer all who stand before him. The oceans will turn red with the blood of those who try to resist. Sages will marvel at his conquests, and troubadors will sing of his exploits for a thousand years.

That man shall be me.

ol' trucker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    indianapolis
    Welcome aboard Rush..

It has already been foretold. In the time after the Great Collapse there shall arise a man of singular purpose and mind, a great unifying force, who will lead an army the size of which has never before been seen on this Earth. This man will conquer all who stand before him. The oceans will turn red with the blood of those who try to resist. Sages will marvel at his conquests, and troubadors will sing of his exploits for a thousand years.

That man shall be me.
    Definately sounds like something Rush limbaugh would say.lol:D

Top Bottom