What exactly does the "SOLD" button do in the classifieds?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgarman47

File Jockey
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 8, 2023
    Ossian
    Question for the mods here;

What exactly does the "Sold" button at the top of the page when making or editing a post in the classifieds section do?

I have noticed for me on mobile, most of my posts are automatically marked "Sold", and if I were to click "Unsold" it removes the prefix on my post...

Is this operating as intended, an issue on my end, or am I just doing it wrong?

Thanks!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Surprised no staff noticed this. It marks the ad sold in the system and locks the thread.

It is recommended REQUIRED you still change the OP and title to reflect that is is sold. Some folks dont notice that tiny little status button.

From da rules:
    8. Mark your ad or the title of your ad SOLD or TRADED once the item is sold or traded. DO NOT remove the pricing, pictures, or content that was in place as it will help cut down on the "What would be a good starting price to sell my XXX". Do not bump your ad by stating that the item is sold or spf. Simply edit your first/original post and state that the item has been sold. Then close your ad.
    Steps to close your ad: While viewing your thread, click the SOLD icon at the top of the first post. You may also just lock the thread. Any ad marked SPF longer than 14 days will be treated as sold.

Last edited:

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Surprised no staff noticed this. It marks the ad sold in the system and locks the thread.

It is recommended REQUIRED you still change the OP and title to reflect that is is sold. Some folks dont notice that tiny little status button.

From da rules:
    If it's been up to long and we can't edit the original post, mark it sold and lock the thread, or should we report the OP to have a mod update it to state "sold"?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If it's been up to long and we can't edit the original post, mark it sold and lock the thread, or should we report the OP to have a mod update it to state "sold"?
    Yes. BUT DO NOT LOCK OR HIT THE SOLD BUTTON FIRST.

There are certain situations where once somebody locks/SOLDs a thread in the classifieds even mods cant edit them.

Top Bottom