• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well I have 2 of them. Started before the beer bug but here we are.
    2 of them actually. 1911's in 10mm

In the raw...

ough fit up.

"One" off Comp. This is from a blank.

Taking shape.

Sight cuts, flat top, ball cut are done.

Sights fit up. Ready to bring home from AllenM's

Firing pin stop is hand fit. Now we start to shape and blend. And yes I have a serious Dremel....:):
    /QUOTE]

Very nice. I note 2 different frames?

Yes. The one I have in hand with the comp and a 2nd one that is getting the bull barrel treatment. Both are in 10mm.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks. I'll stock up on a few more.

We have a similar system for what I term the daily use battery's. With all he kids and toys and hand controls for games we pound through some battery's. I by the standard ones in AAA/AA and have a tray that keeps them organized.
    We buy the Duracell 10 year and store them in weather tight polly ammo containers. Write the dates on the package and cycle them out in about 5 years just because.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Wanting another Glock-43, no box one mag, you used to see them from time to time on the classifieds or on Armslist (I have a spare case and x-tra mags). But they are scarce, and I will just have to keep looking, even a blue label is hard to find, but finding one used not abused, without a box, just a plane jane, locally is going to be a quest.

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    Started basic maintenance of the flock. Clean,lube, safety check, remove grips and clean there too. Refitted Wifeys 442 J Frame with the original Uncle Mikes Boot grips. (had wooden round butt Smith stocks, my pref in winter pocket carry). She likes those, and keeps it GTG since this mess started. I'm working same schedule, so keeping at least one hi-cap 9mm handy, and a BUG...pref a 380acp of few choices.
    Of Course Ammo check seems good, Mag check...all loaded. Shotguns cleaned, AR also. Checked weapons lights.. all GTG.
    Keeping a couple fixed blades handy too(Kabar USMC, Glock M82 Serrated/ Desert sand model)
    Aaaah, the smell of Hoppes....early in the morning....smells like Victory! Good luck to all.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    This is my current project I recently got off Gunbroker:

3o4E37i.jpg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Not much of a project, but I'm going to install the Vortex Venom on my new still in the box CZ P10f OR. And sight it in hopefully tomorrow.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    My next project is going to be taking my BFS3 binary out of a AR pistol and trying it in a AR10. Ive been thinking about it for a few days and think I'm going to give it a try tomorrow.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    1. Put over sized grips on my J frame.
    2. Swapped some AK furniture around.
    3. Installed a Vortex 1x8 on a 308 Galil I had setting in the safe.
    4. Installed a Leupold scope on a Henry 44 mag I got my 79 year old dad. I didn't want to put the scope on but he wanted it.
    5. Started carrying a proper sized pistol instead of the 380 that was always in my pocket. I was just so easy I got lazy.
    6. Not gun related but: Having a on-going "lessons learned" discussion with my better half on what we have done good so far and what we have not.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    That could be Oprah money real quick! :rockwoot:

Only if I get carried away with it. Only going to load 2 20rnd mags to give it a try. Its only going to be a test to see if I like it. Going to use some old copper washed Norinco ammo so wont be too costly.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Any delusions of gun fun stuff went out the window with the ChiComm flu.

Significant other's income will be reduced / gone after last Friday, and found out mine will be reduced 10% within the next check or two. (so long as I'm permitted to continue working)

No complaints though. Kids are home, family is all healthy, and I can still dry-fire, clean and inspect to my hearts content. Heck, I even got one last 9mm purchase in before the apocalypse.

thelefthand

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    I've been converting a 16" 300 blackout over from deer hunting mode to home defense/training. Bought it from a buddy so that my daughter could use it for youth season last year. She didn't care for the rifle, so I decided to repurpose it. Swapped the carbon fiber hand guard out for a Aero Precision S-one (m-lok), lapped the front of the receiver while the barrel was off (helped a fair amount with accuracy), added an Olight PL-Pro weapon light and a corresponding 3 slot picatinny rail, replaced the 2-7x Vortex with a Romeo 5 red dot, added Magpul backup sights, and a Vickers 2 point sling with QD swivels. I still need to swap out the muzzle device. It's currently got a break on it. I'd like to put 3 prong flash suppressor, but I don't know which ones are asymmetrically designed to not ring, and which ones sound like a dinner bell every time you tap on the gun... I'm leaning towards just going with an A2 birdcage and calling it done. Also considering getting a 3x multiplier so that it would still be useful for deer.

Before removing the 2-7X, I check the accuracy after lapping the front of the upper receiver. When I slid the lap up against the face, I could see a noticeable gap on one side. After truing it up, my groups went from 1-1/2" down to 1". I had tried to tune a hand load for it when I first got it, but 1-1/2" was about the best I could get. The good news was that I got that group regardless of what the powder charge was. Now that it's been "fixed" I'm not sure if I could ring more accuracy out of it or not. Given it's intended use, I probably won't bother trying. I use a 6.5 Grendel for deer, and it will hold under 1/2 MOA to 400 yards.

Last edited:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I tried the binary in the AR10 and have to say it was fun but going to put both ARs back to original configuration. I wanted to try it and I did. Fun yes, practical not so much. Nice to know it will work if a need pops up though.

Last edited:

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    I have a Mantis-X, laser bullet, Laser Activated Shot Reporter S/W, and a CoolFire Trainer. I was content to train in my basement for a class in June. However, no Co2 for the Coolfire, darnit. Not too much risk driving to outdoor range where I will be myself. Nothing else I need to do but learn to shoot better what I already got!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Contender

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Lawrence County
    Various upgrades and switches. I've sold 3 contender barrels, brass and dies. Bought 3 stocks, 1 scope, 1 barrel and 5 trigger spring kits. Got everything but 2 of the stocks. In install mode, gonna be shooting them shortly.

Top Bottom