What goes up, does in fact come down. I have proof.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Just guessing that your $1000 deductible is collision, which is moving. Most non-moving is covered under the comprehensive section of insurance, which usually is either a $50 or $100 deductible. Still something that should never have happened, made worse by the fact it's a new car.

Comp is whatever you set it as. Your monthly premiums will be higher with a lower comp, as comp covers things such as a stolen vehicle, vandalism, and hitting a deer.

Yours may be $50 mine is $500.

Roll Tide

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Connersville
    I cant imagine a trunk lid costing more that $200 to $300, and paint to be about $100.

Shoot, couple spot welds, grind it down, smooth it out, repaint the whole trunk lid would have to be around $300. Paint should be easily matched with your vin.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I cant imagine a trunk lid costing more that $200 to $300, and paint to be about $100.

Shoot, couple spot welds, grind it down, smooth it out, repaint the whole trunk lid would have to be around $300. Paint should be easily matched with your vin.

Those seem to be wholesale, or after hours prices.

That being said, there is no reason to replace the trunk lid. If the shut lines are still correct, and the bullet did not creat a depression much larger than the edges of the hole, I would cut a circle out removing the hole and curled in metal, check the structure underneath and if it's not really deformed, make sure it has sealer over any coating removed, then cut a circle to match that cut out and weld it in (full circle weld, a little at a time), grind down the welds, probably skim with filler, and finish. I may or may not paint the whole lid, probably....but I'm afraid in a good shop, this will cost over $500, closer to $1000.

...and no comp coverage? It's cheap.

Last edited:

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Not sure where you are located, but might check out Diamond Collision in Avon. Allen is a site supporter, does great work on cars and firearms. See his subforum here under Diamond Collision.

My thoughts as well :) Thanks

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon

Been a awhile since having work done?

Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    My thoughts as well :) Thanks

Allen,
    You are about an hour away from me. I would love to use you, it will just depend on if I can find a way to make it not too terribly difficult to get the car there and me back. I'll see what I find out from my insurance company today then start looking at getting it fixed.

Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature

:runaway::nailbite: Not sure I want that body shop guy to touch my car...

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Allen,
    You are about an hour away from me. I would love to use you, it will just depend on if I can find a way to make it not too terribly difficult to get the car there and me back. I'll see what I find out from my insurance company today then start looking at getting it fixed.

I would be glad to take care of this for you, but I understand if we are to far away. However if you do decide to use us and you have rental coverage we can arrange to have a car here for when you drop off

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Is there a government conspiracy to drive up hourly rates and make the flat rate book look like how lawyers keep time?

Sure! Everything is a conspiracy... Wait let me put my aluminum foil helmet on, I can feel the government trying to override my independent thoughts.. Ahhhh:tinfoil:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

Heck, some of the tint that goes in some colors cost that now. That's for an oz or two!.
    Throw in Hazardous materials disposal, labor, shop overhead, and even a small modest profit, and your imagination falls short.
    The day of the back yard body man is over. No more AutoZone Bondo and Duplicolor spray can repairs under a sheet of clear plastic.

Top Bottom