• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armymen3002

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2024
    Kokomo
    I want to try a B5, but this has a steeper angle and think I'll like it.
    The only thing I didn’t like about the DFCO is how hard the material is, if you wear gloves when you’d shoot it isn’t a big deal (from the guys that told me) But the majority of the time I never put my gloves on unless my AK comes out lol The B5 is very nice, but not too spongy

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    If they were 80% I believe you have to machine the shelf for them, so you can do the m16 cut or is that not true? I’ve never done an ar lower.
    Having dealt with M16A1's and M16A2's during two decades in the military, accommodating their FCG's is more than the shelf height behind the selector switch compared to the typical AR-15, many of which have the "low shelf" now. The wall profile at and behind the selector switch is thinner. IIRC, you can put an A1 FCG in an A2 and vice versa. It's been over two decades since I tore an M16 down that far. Having used an A1 and an A2, rock-n-roll mode isn't very practical or useful for anything more than burning up a lot of ammo in a hurry, even when providing covering fire. One of the reasons for the A2 burst limit. It's not used in annual qualification with the M16/M4.

When the ATF busts someone for having an illegal auto AR-15, it's invariably one with a simple homemade auto-sear that puts it into permanent rock-n-roll such as a lighting link or a swift link. Possessing a metal card with a lightning link drawn on it is what got Matt Hoover (CRS Firearms) in trouble and currently in prison, notwithstanding whether or not ATF was justified in prosecuting him; currently under appeal. Neither are compatible with all lowers and bolt carrier combinations. There is no semi-auto. A drop-in auto-sear (DIAS) requires an M16 FCG plus the M16 pocket, and is true select fire. All I've seen is pictures of them. The military uses the 3rd hole with pinned auto-sear.

Last edited:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    All the parts needed for making three working lowers have arrived:
    • 3 Aero Precision AR-15/M4 Lower Parts Kits without trigger group or trigger guard
    • 3 Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guards
    • 3 Geissele Automatics 2 Stage Fire Control Groups
    • 3 F.A.B. Defense Tactical Folding Pistol Grips
    • 3 Law Tactical Gen 3-M Folding Stock Adapters
    • 3 Aero Precision AR15 Enhanced Carbine Buffer Kits
    • 6 Tungsten Buffer Weights (not pictured) for adjusting buffer weights from Carbine to H2 if needed
    • 3 #4-40 1/8" setscrews (not pictured) to holding the safety detent spring in place
    • 1 Law Tactical Flange Tool (round black "thing") better than the tool the folding adapter comes with
    The AP Lower Parts Kit comes with one 4-40 1/8" setscrew for the rear takedown pin spring. Requires tapping the hole with a few 4-40 threads (AP lowers come tapped). Requires tapping the safety detent hole with a few threads in the lowers on hand. The folding pistol grips will have to be modified slightly for use with the Law Tactical Folding Stock Adapter. Its beaver tail is just a tad long, discovered from using one with a Law Tactical on another build. The Law Tactical Flange Tool is especially useful when removing and reinstalling a folding adapter. Note that the specs on the flange that attaches the folder mechanism to the lower is a mere 5 ft-lb. Puzzlingly made for 1/2 inch drive wrench. I don't know of any that go down to 5 ft-lb. I'll use my 1/4" drive set for 60 in-lb with adapter(s). The adapter flange is prevented from backing out with a setscrew. Unlike a buffer tube, it doesn't need a large amount of torque; just enough to hold it on firmly. The buffer tube is secured to the folding adapter with normal torque and staking on its castle nut. The Enhanced Buffer Tube requires some care screwing it on to prevent the buffer pin from flying off to the land of lost socks. Not my first lowers using these parts.

Lower Build Parts.jpg

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Sounds like someone's having some fun.
    Always need plenty of working lowers onto which I can immediately attach an upper to allow improving or maintaining a lower that was in use. Standby redundancy is a Good Thing. If you use setscrews to hold in the rear takedown and safety selector springs, you sometimes have to snip a few coils (a very few) off them as they're going to be compressed a bit more.

Last edited:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Arrived today:

Tango Uniform Echo Zulu buffer tube castle nut armorer kit. Includes a wrench for use with 1/2" torque wrench, a staking guide and a spring loaded punch for staking the end plate to the castle nut. Includes a sample castle nut but can be used with any castle nut. Doesn't require their castle nut. Can be used with standard castle nuts. This tool was featured by Chad on School of the American Rifle, which is how I found out about it. Will work well with my VISM fixture for holding the lower and buffer tube while it's being installed and the castle nut torqued down. My current armorers wrench is long and cumbersome when used with the VISM fixture. There's also a staking guide built into the wrench, in addition to the separate one. Chad's SOTAR video showing its use provided below. Staking is not permanent; it prevents the nut from backing out from vibration. Chad demonstrates that in a different video, as does Brownells in one of their SmythBusters videos.

Tango Uniform Castle Nut Tools A.jpg Tango Uniform Castle Nut Tools B.jpg

SOTAR demonstration of the tool set:

Last edited:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Directly from ruger.com I bought some new fiber optic sights for my Ruger 22/45 pistol and a Marlin t-shirt. I could not resist the 20% off promotion from Ruger that came with my purchase of a new Model 1894 in .357 magnum last December.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Caldwell Lead Sled Solo Adjustable Recoil Reducing Rifle Shooting Rest for Rifle Sight in, Shooting Stability

When you hit this link pick go to site to get a discount on it.

$65 and free shipping I decided to try out the Lead Sled Solo.

1706942017034.png

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom