• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just scored an H&K VP9 Match with 4 20-round magazines for $930 including tax, insured shipping and FFL fees once it gets here. Plus it comes with a promotion to get four more magazines.

morve80

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 12, 2023
    Speedway
    Just got a q cherry bomb off of a guy on armslist. Used, but for $60 I'll give it a try for sure. I like the bronze look of it.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    In today’s mail I received the rear rails and locking block (from rook tactical) for a PF45 I’m getting ready to build.

It’s going to be a 21longslide sprung for .45super

I believe I have everything, just want to mill the slide for an optic before I start.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I picked up a set of Night Fision optic height sights for my AIM/SCT19 build and Glock Performance trigger for my Glock 44. That trigger is amazing for a Glock trigger. Smooth take up, solid wall, advertised 5 LB. break, buts its definitely less that that. I'd say 4-4.5 lbs. Nice short reset. I'm hoping it will tighten the groups up some. Not what I would consider a carry trigger, but for hunting and competition, it should be great.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    UPS delivered the Ballistic Advantage 6.5mm Grendel upper yesterday . . . the one that UPS had lost (or was stolen) in shipment and Ballistic Advantage replaced. Didn't include bolt carrier group, charging handle or muzzle device. Spent last night assembling it into a complete rifle. Has a 16" barrel and mid-length gas system.

IMG_2371.jpg

Already had complete former pistol lower with Law Tactical Folder, Aero Precision Enhanced Buffer Tube, and F.A.B Defense folding Pistol Grip and Geissele G2S 2-stage trigger. (It can always be used as a pistol lower again in the future, sans stock.) Other parts for this build been ordered over the past several weeks and stockpiled for it:
    • Aero Precision H Buffer
    • B5 Systems Bravo buttstock (IMO just as good as a Magpul MOE SL)
    • DLC "coated" Next Level Armament BCG
    • DLC "coated" Toolcraft 6.5mm Grendel Bolt (NLA doesn't make them)
    • GO, NO-GO and Field 6.5mm Grendel (type 2) Headspace gauges
    • Holosun HS510C Red Dot (Circle Dot) plus HM3X Magnifier (bought as a set)
    • Troy Industries front and rear BUIS (next best alt to KAK and MaTech Iron Sights)
    • Smith Enterprise Vortex flash suppressor (in the appropriate caliber)
    • Seven ASC 6.5mm Grendel Magazines (same form factor as standard 5.56; they hold 25 6.5 Grendel rounds)
    • Cover for Holosun HS510C Red Dot
    Photo shows nearly completed build. Only thing left to add is the 2-point U.S. Mil-Spec "silent" sling with Magpul QD. The "silent" sling is the black one with steel buckles (M16A2) that replaced the old OD Green one with rattling steel clip (M16A1) a reused vestige from the M14 rifles.

As expected it passed GO headspace gauge but wouldn't close on NO-GO at which point no need to try the Field gauge. BCG gas key passed tightness test, and upper passed BCG sliding test for alignment of BCG gas key with the upper's gas tube. I've learned to examine and test parts and components while assembling a build from parts. A complete rifle is presumed to be tested for all this at the factory. A DIY build can presume all parts will be Mil-Spec compliant but there is dimensional variation, and a stack-up of the variations may not play together properly. I tend to use as much Ballistic Advantage and Aero Precision as possible as they use each other's parts when making complete rifles.

Ancillary Note:
    One must consider the mass (weight) of the BCG extension that's used with a Law Tactical. It's the equivalent of adding more mass to the buffer. The "H" buffer should be OK with 6.5mm Grendel and Law Tactical BCG extension. With unsuppressed .300 AAC Blackout, it could be too much even with a Carbine buffer (3 steel weights inside). Note that KAK makes Aluminum weights that can be used to make a buffer even lighter than a standard Carbine (which should be done with great caution only if a lighter buffer is called for by cycling problems). AR-15 standard buffers have 3 short cylindrical weights inside separated by rubber pads. The Carbine have three steel weights. An "H" replaces a steel with a Tungsten which is much heavier than steel. An "H2" and "H3" have two and three Tungsten weights respectively. Likewise, one can lighten a Carbine buffer with one or more of the KAK Aluminum weights. As mentioned it should be done with great caution as too light a buffer can result in excessive undamped recoil causing damage to the BCG, Bolt, and receiver along with the buffer itself -- along with cartridge case extraction issues as the bolt unlocks too quickly. I have a small pile of steel, Tungsten and Aluminum weights to modify an existing buffer if needed -- which would then be remarked using an alphanumeric steel punch set made for marking metal (alternative is engraving it).

Last edited:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Picked up a holosun hm3x from another member. Holosun 3x magnifier.
    Mine is paired with an HS510C and just set it up a couple days ago on the 6.5mm Grendel. After getting it focused properly, it's excellent with decent eye relief. It's more than the full size Juliet3 I have paired with a full size Romeo7, a pair that also works well together but wishing it had a half-inch more eye relief. Hoping it works out well for you with the optic you're pairing it with.

morve80

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 12, 2023
    Speedway
    Mine is paired with an HS510C and just set it up a couple days ago on the 6.5mm Grendel. After getting it focused properly, it's excellent with decent eye relief. It's more than the full size Juliet3 I have paired with a full size Romeo7, a pair that also works well together but wishing it had a half-inch more eye relief. Hoping it works out well for you with the optic you're pairing it with.
    I'm gonna pair it with a hs512c-gd. Gold dot holosun. I'm hoping it works out well too.

Reactions: JAL

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I'm gonna pair it with a hs512c-gd. Gold dot holosun. I'm hoping it works out well too.
    That is a great combination.

I really wish Holosun had not discontinued much of the HS512 series. I have the aluminum bodied red dot, and think it is a great value.

Played with some of the AEMS, and didn't care for them.

Top Bottom