• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Right now, at this early morning hour, I feel like if I just buy the right thing, my life would be complete. I don't know what that thing would be. But if it were a gun, what would you buy to complete your life, and why?

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Ruger SR1911.

I never before in my life had this much trouble trying to get someone to take my money.
    I have cash. Not plastic, dead presidents. And I still can't even find one to save my bacon.
    I would OVERPAY for a Ruger SR1911. I would pay the full MSRP of $829. I do not CARE.
    I WANT this pistol. I want it more than I want my next bacon sandwich.

But there's still not one sitting in my holster.

xcore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Mooresville
    I'm sure i have this discussion wih my self at lest once a week, right now it would be a band saw and new table saw, but if it where a gun this week i would say a simple gen 4 Glock 19 or 26 , or maybe some kind a long distance shooter, so many things to choose from

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    Wilson Combat 1911. It will be a long time before I can save enough pennies, but one day it will be mine. Oh yes...it will, be mine.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    For me right now it is the Smith & Wesson M&0 15 22. That thing just looks darn fun to shoot.

It is one of the best purchases I ever made, it's so fun to shoot that my 6 yr old son ask me if he could keep it and that is what he enjoys when we go to the range (he make his dad very proud).

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    After hundreds of guns, many being the "one that would complete my life" I have come to the understanding that it's the next gun I really want that will complete my life. Not the actual gun itself, but the wanting of the gun.

Having said that, it is currently the Anzio Ironworks 20mm rifle. And the Taurus Tracker in .44mag. And a S&W 1076. And a single stack compact Glock 10mm.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Im going a little outside the box here and saying buy a appleseed ticket. You want to buy something to complete your life, buy training to use what you have, and buy the history lesson that makes the life we americans live possible.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Wilson Combat 1911. It will be a long time before I can save enough pennies, but one day it will be mine. Oh yes...it will, be mine.

High end 1911 (Wilson, Nighthawk, Guncrafter, Springfield custom shop)

Here is what you are looking for. I recently traded for a new Wilson Combat. It really is the only gun I want to shoot. I am very tempted to trade in the rest of my pistols to get Bill Wilson carry or Xtac compact.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ruger SR1911.

I never before in my life had this much trouble trying to get someone to take my money.
    I have cash. Not plastic, dead presidents. And I still can't even find one to save my bacon.
    I would OVERPAY for a Ruger SR1911. I would pay the full MSRP of $829. I do not CARE.
    I WANT this pistol. I want it more than I want my next bacon sandwich.

But there's still not one sitting in my holster.

There is one at Hillside Shooting Sports in Roanoke, about 10 mins away from Ft. Wayne. Was there as of Friday at 6pm. I also see them pop up at gander in the Fort.

For me it would be a semi auto rifle. Either an AK variant or AR variant. I will eventually end up with both so it doesn't matter which comes first.

Jon

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Not the actual gun itself, but the wanting of the gun.

As is so often in life, the fun is in the chase, eh?

I'm currently looking for a .44 magnum Redhawk, maybe an Alaskan. Before that, though, I really need to get a nice varmint rifle setup. I'm leaning heavily toward .270, but after talking to my dad he put the .243 bug in my ear.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Im going a little outside the box here and saying buy a appleseed ticket. You want to buy something to complete your life, buy training to use what you have, and buy the history lesson that makes the life we americans live possible.

Good answer. :yesway:

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Call me crazy, but no gun could complete my life. I'd like to find a loyal, compassionate, passionate, Christian woman to date and possibly settle down with. THEN I might buy a 1911 of some kind.

EAS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    The problem is when I find the gun that "Completes me", I suspect there is another one out there somewhere so the search starts again!

Top Bottom