What half of the occupy protestors don't seem to understand...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    304258_10150311596959872_367822059871_7614151_1072846307_n.jpg

not to mention at least half of republicans as well.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    "Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." - Benito Mussolini

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Yeah, we need MORE regulations, MORE limitations, MORE "No, you can't move to a right to work state", "can't hire unless we say so", etc. We need to put MORE people out of work and turn them onto welfare, etc.

Some of what they are claiming to be for, I might agree with. But, most of what I have heard them claim have nothing to do with helping our country get out of the problems we are having right now. In fact, what some of them suggested would harm our country even more. Some of them don't even know WHY they are there - except to be part of the crowd. But - as long as some of them are getting paid to "protest", (will they pay taxes on that income?) the unemployment numbers should go down.

But, as long as they don't get violent/destructive or interfer with the rights of others, more power to them.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    304258_10150311596959872_367822059871_7614151_1072846307_n.jpg

not to mention at least half of republicans as well.

Just so I understand, You really want the government to control the corporations, banks, and businesses?
    You truly believe central planning will result in proper usage of capital, labor, and resources?
    Is that it?

Doug

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I thought what half of them didn't understand was why the heck they were protesting in the first place. Maybe that is more like 90%.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I thought what half of them didn't understand was why the heck they were protesting in the first place. Maybe that is more like 90%.

No, its 99%...haven't you seen their signs? It means only the 1% who are getting paid to make the whole thing seem cool know whats going on.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    At least we have people trying to get Mandela freed. Yes there were three signs that marched in front of me while they blocked Meridian and Michigan today for 5 green lights that said free Mandela. Silly sabatouers.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I said this in another post, but I think it bears repeating. Wouldn't it be interesting if the CEOs of all the major companies decided to shut their doors. Since we don't need corporations they should close their doors and then show what would happen without them.

Once the shortages started, as stores ran out of toilet paper and other items it would be interesting to see how quickly riots started. But the question is with the corporations shut down, and the resulting cascade of layoffs in the support industries, who would have money to buy the last of the products before no more would be around since none were being produced?

Yep, corporations are bad evil places that manufacture goods and provide people with jobs to be able to afford the goods.

Excuse me.....DUH!!!!!

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I'm just sayin' . . .

DownWithEvilCorporations.jpg
    That's exactly part of the mentality I was illustrating by my picture.

As always, there are many different views and groups of people protesting. Many are not against capitalism.

We should be taking the time to engage these people and help them to understand that yes, crony-capitialism is wrong. The government is corrupt and enables and protects monopolies via insane regulations, licensing, permitting and red tape.

Government and corruption are the problem, not the answer.

Unfortunately it is easier for the soundbyte republican to parrot some inane drivel they hear from their favorite hush bimbo as opposed to educating and informing.

Virtually every protestor down there rightly sees the problem, the big banks. Getting them to find the solution... well, many here on INGO would rather spew idiotic rhetoric as opposed to converting a potential ally.

Such is life, they practice the same class warfare and have the same illusions/delusions.

Simpletons, they surround us.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I have heard it said that when Europeans don't like something they go out in the streets and protest.

When Americans don't like something they turn on the Idiot Tube to the channel that they agree with the most and rant (along w/ the TV) to whatever propaganda is being broadcast.

Some of these people are idiots.

Some of these people are well meaning but ill informed.

Some of these people know exactly what is wrong and are protesting it.

However, ALL of these people are trying to do something to get their voices heard and I for one give them credit for that.

Perhaps there is some(?) hope for America after all...:dunno:

Regards,

Doug

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Excuse me while I go to buy more.....

toilet-paper, wine, batteries, pringles®, wine, kotex®, tampax®, wine, water, snickers®, toilet-paper, batteries.............

I said this in another post, but I think it bears repeating. Wouldn't it be interesting if the CEOs of all the major companies decided to shut their doors. Since we don't need corporations they should close their doors and then show what would happen without them.

Once the shortages started, as stores ran out of toilet paper and other items it would be interesting to see how quickly riots started. But the question is with the corporations shut down, and the resulting cascade of layoffs in the support industries, who would have money to buy the last of the products before no more would be around since none were being produced?

Yep, corporations are bad evil places that manufacture goods and provide people with jobs to be able to afford the goods.

Excuse me.....DUH!!!!!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    That's exactly part of the mentality I was illustrating by my picture.

As always, there are many different views and groups of people protesting. Many are not against capitalism.

We should be taking the time to engage these people and help them to understand that yes, crony-capitialism is wrong. The government is corrupt and enables and protects monopolies via insane regulations, licensing, permitting and red tape.

Government and corruption are the problem, not the answer.

Unfortunately it is easier for the soundbyte republican to parrot some inane drivel they hear from their favorite hush bimbo as opposed to educating and informing.

Virtually every protestor down there rightly sees the problem, the big banks. Getting them to find the solution... well, many here on INGO would rather spew idiotic rhetoric as opposed to converting a potential ally.

Such is life, they practice the same class warfare and have the same illusions/delusions.

Simpletons, they surround us.

So which is it?

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Some of what they are claiming to be for, I might agree with. But, most of what I have heard them claim have nothing to do with helping our country get out of the problems we are having right now. In fact, what some of them suggested would harm our country even more. Some of them don't even know WHY they are there - except to be part of the crowd. But - as long as some of them are getting paid to "protest", (will they pay taxes on that income?) the unemployment numbers should go down.

But, as long as they don't get violent/destructive or interfer with the rights of others, more power to them.
    Is this the tea party we're talking about?

To All,

I have heard it said that when Europeans don't like something they go out in the streets and protest.

When Americans don't like something they turn on the Idiot Tube to the channel that they agree with the most and rant (along w/ the TV) to whatever propaganda is being broadcast.

Some of these people are idiots.

Some of these people are well meaning but ill informed.

Some of these people know exactly what is wrong and are protesting it.

However, ALL of these people are trying to do something to get their voices heard and I for one give them credit for that.

Perhaps there is some(?) hope for America after all...:dunno:

Regards,

Doug
    Another example of where the American people are unhappy with government and the state of the country, so they're are trying to be heard. These protests are not necessarily bad. People on the left and right are frustrated! Free speech being exercised.

benkrebs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Excuse me.....DUH!!!!!

Sounds like Atlas Shrugged right there.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    So which is it?

Exactly who do you think is enabling and funding the corruption?

When a crime is committed there are (at least) two parties, the criminal and the victim. You cant have one without the other.

In this case you have those taking the payoffs (government employees and officials, appointed and elected) and those giving the payoffs.

They aren't mutually exclusive.

+1 for actually reading my post, even if the dots weren't as obvious as I thought they were.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Both posted pictures are hilarious! How widespread those type of misguided beliefs are almost makes it not funny any longer... I have heard too many people railing for regulations in sectors that we ignore at election time...

On the flip side of the coin, we get who the people elect... lobbyists only get as far as allowed by elected officials. One can look at the political shift in recent debates solely accredited to tea party candidates and conclude that it is not impossible for a political movement to have an impact on political leadership.

I am not the type of person that believes more regulation is the end all answer to our problems, to save us from those "evil corporations." On the contrary, making money is a good things... but I do believe the political status quo at the moment is to provide government support to select businesses and industries through tax loopholes or government contracts, and I do believe electing the right officials can have an impact on this practice. This type of practice will never end - even if we rode our unicorns to the ballot box and elected officials that totally eradicated the practice, in time it would resurface... such is the political cycle.

I think in the near future, however, the movement will mostly be swallowed up by the Democratic party anyhow, similar to how the tea party became an articulated group of the Republican party.... I don't think either party's messages will be totally lost, but for the most part both groups will just end up being characterized as a vocal subset of one of the two parties.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom