First is a picture of my babies...

DSCN0357.jpg

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    And here is a shot of my EDC carry gear. The holster and mag pouch are just temporary until I can get my hands on something like a Sparks VMII.

DSCN0361.jpg

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    And here is a shot of my EDC carry gear. The holster and mag pouch are just temporary until I can get my hands on something like a Sparks VMII.

DSCN0361.jpg

Good looking Zigs! Even if one has the mark of the Beast..........

HA! You do like I do; buy a cheaper holster until you can get hold of a good one. I got an e-mail from Tucker Leather telling me my holster will be shipped Monday. My credit card was charged last October; I've almost forgotten what I ordered, seriously. It's for a Kahr, but I can't remember what exactly I will be receiving.

I also have a piece of leather on order from Andy Arratoonian. That's always a several month wait as well.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Good looking Zigs! Even if one has the mark of the Beast..........

And that one is my carry pistol. :D

But I really really hate waiting for leather. I ordered some stuff from Mitch Rosen about 12 years ago and it took FOREVER to get here. I still remember waiting and waiting and waiting......

Last edited:

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    And that one is my carry pistol. :D

But I really really hate waiting for leather. I ordered some stuff from Mitch Rosen about 12 years ago and it took FOREVER to get here. I still remember waiting and waiting and waiting......

Sweet!

I was a Sig virgin until last week.......... I bought a 226. The Blackwater edition.

I have ordered a UBG holster for it, but not sure how "carryable" it is gonna be. :scratch:

It is a big pistol. But a great looking gun...............

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Sweet!

I was a Sig virgin until last week.......... I bought a 226. The Blackwater edition.

I have ordered a UBG holster for it, but not sure how "carryable" it is gonna be. :scratch:

It is a big pistol. But a great looking gun...............

With the right holster and clothing choices you'll do ok with concealing the P226 I think. Might have a problem if you're really skinny but if not I think it'll work.

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    Smith and Wesson M&P Compact in a Comp Tac canted paddle holster. Or a KelTec P-32 with a belt clip. Or sometimes a Bulgarian Mak in a Fobus paddle holster.
    My M&P in carry mode.

IMG_0750.jpg

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    With the right holster and clothing choices you'll do ok with concealing the P226 I think. Might have a problem if you're really skinny but if not I think it'll work.

I'm going to try!

Here's a stock photo I googled and stole.
    Not my gun. I'll try to get some pics of mine in the next few days....................

Last edited:

glocker1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    I'm with the OP on this one. I've "played" around with a few others over the last twenty years. Glocks, XDs, even some revolvers way back. But I always come back to a 1911. In fact, I just came home with my "new" ccw that I had been thinking about for years. A stainless Wilson KZ45. Too bad Glock didn't listen to me many years back when I said they needed to make a 1911, I can picture it would have been very much like this KZ!

glocker1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    I'd love to post some pics because we all know "this thread is worthless without pics!":):

But, for some reason, every time I get some money saved up planning to get a digital camera, it seems to get used for more gun "stuff".

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    My Gear

My carry rigs. Glock 23 in a Galco leather OWB holster or a Springfield XD9 compact in od green in a blackhawk CQC holster with 2 hi-cap mags in XD gear mag holster.

BigE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2008
    Noblesville
    My carry weapon is a Springfield XD9
    I had most of the metal parts Electroless Nickel Finished. I carry a 16 round mag in it.
    XD.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom