• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Internet also brings together the elitist who think they are better and smarter than everyone else.

It's called: "The Libertarian Party"

I can cite whole threads and specific posts for support.

It's a shame, really, excised of its arrogance and historical windmill tilting, it may have a chance at gaining support.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The truth is, wackos have traditionally come in every style, shape, size and hobbyhorse issue.

For gosh sakes, there's a guy in my home town who puts on a sort of WW2 navy type uniform and does close order drills on street corners to protest paintball. I used to live near an old farmer who put up big plywood signs around his place attacking various injustices he perceived....most of them imaginary as I saw it, but it added color to the local landscape, and demanded time and effort.

....but the loners have gathered in groups now, and the collective backrubs are causing them to believe that they are the not-so-silent majority.

Time was, if a guy wanted to go manifesto, it took time, concentration, typewritter ribbon.

Now, the wackos have gotten lazy and cut and paste the works of other wackos...frequently from websites which look like they were designed in 1997.

Last edited:

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    The Democrat Underground is the black hole online that they are all drawn to eventually.

That thar place is a choir of looney tunes.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    I've found that it's easy to identify friends and acquaintances as "whackos" just buy looking at their facebook posts. When they start re-posting the stories from fringe so-called news websites. The websites that have this tiny little snippit of information on a huge crisis (that no other reputable website is posting, i might add. Must be a cover-up/conspiracy!!) ) and then surround it with 6 million ads. Yeah, they sure aren't cashing in on made-up hysteria right?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The truth is, wackos have traditionally come in every style, shape, size and hobbyhorse issue.

For gosh sakes, there's a guy in my home town who puts on a sort of WW2 navy type uniform and does close order drills on street corners to protest paintball. I used to live near an old farmer who put up big plywood signs around his place attacking various injustices he perceived....most of them imaginary as I saw it, but it added color to the local landscape, and demanded time and effort.

....but the loners have gathered in groups now, and the collective backrubs are causing them to believe that they are the not-so-silent majority.

Time was, if a guy wanted to go manifesto, it took time, concentration, typewritter ribbon.

Now, the wackos have gotten lazy and cut and paste the works of other wackos...frequently from websites which look like they were designed in 1997.

I miss seeing those big plywood signs! They were a great conversation starter when we would drive through there to visit family and our old stomping grounds.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I miss seeing those big plywood signs! They were a great conversation starter when we would drive through there to visit family and our old stomping grounds.

Next time you're in Bedford, take a cruise down I Street but make sure and stop by Sam Shaw's place...he's the plywood sign man of Bedford.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I do not mind the wacko loner groups.
    It was an original wacko loner and teacher of mine in high school that made me read and write a report on the Federal Reserve act.At the time I argued with him that they where a part of the Federal Government.Only then did I learn the reality,that they where in fact a private corporation.The only corporation on earth guaranteed a 6% dividend by law(In 2013, statutory dividends totaled $1.6 billion FRB: Press Release--Reserve Bank income and expense data and transfers to the Treasury for 2013--January 10, 2014 )and I have been paying more attention ever since.To put that in perspective in 2013 Walmart the largest company on earth( by revenue) paid just over 6 billion in dividends (and over half of that 6 billion went to just 3 people).

I do not really care for group think though.That goes both ways.I do not like mainstream group think or wacko group think.If you what to tell me something,you had better understand why you believe it and how you came to the opinion you have.I find that skill lacking greatly in general and critical thinking skills non existent in the vast majority of the population.

I see them as no better or worse than the mainstream at this point.

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    'Twas my home for 15 years, until this past September.

We have family who recently moved out of the newer subdivision east of 149 just south of 6. My sister used to live in South Haven for a short time back in the early 80's.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I didn't mind living there...or else I would have left before 15 years. It was my "starter home" and kind of tough to leave, but more than doubling the square footage and going 10 times the size of land moves the needle.

....I'm still trying to figure out who the wacko loners are in Morgan Township.....I'm afraid it may be me.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I didn't mind living there...or else I would have left before 15 years. It was my "starter home" and kind of tough to leave, but more than doubling the square footage and going 10 times the size of land moves the needle.

....I'm still trying to figure out who the wacko loners are in Morgan Township.....I'm afraid it may be me.

The guy that owns the golf course over here in Hamlet lives in that area. My "adopted" son dates his daughter...not really my son, just a kid I have worked with and caused me lots of headaches back when I was sub teaching years ago. He reminded me of my son. My husband gave me very odd looks when we ran into him in a store one day and he ran up and hugged me and called me mom.

Top Bottom