What has the Democratic Party or Republican Party done for you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    It's a very simple question, and I would love to hear some simply answers. After reading a few threads about the upcoming election I am wondering to myself - What has the Democratic Party or Republican Party done for you? Has either party earned your vote?

Neither uphold the constitution
    They gave us "Obama Care"
    They gave us a ban on "Assault Weapons"
    They gave us a ban on marijuana and alcohol
    They gave us a civil war
    They forced Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid on us
    They gave us unneeded wars in Vietnam and Iraq
    They bankrupted our country
    They gave "bail-outs" to the auto industry and banking industry
    They gave us no border patrols
    They gave us the DEA, ATF, FCC, whose sole purpose is to regulate our own citizens
    They gave us Bay of Pigs and Watergate
    They gave us broken promises and flat-out lies

This isn't even the tip of the iceberg. What good have they done? They've done away with true free speech and have infringed on our RIGHT to keep and bear arms. Why do we keep putting up with these unconstitutional, unAmerican tyrants? What else is left for them to do before we realize who the enemy of freedom is? Do they have to come out and announce the "American Citizen Slavery Act" of 2010? I don't understand what it's going to take to wake people up AND STOP VOTING FOR THESE CRIMINALS.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    My daughter won the Hamilton County Republican Womens Scholarship a few years ago!

Would that be a scholarship of money taken from the tax payers of Hamilton Country? Or did Republicans actually put money into this scholarship from their own pockets? :D

Praetorian13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Northern, Indiana
    What has the Democratic Party or Republican Party done for me?

Not a whole lot, that is for sure. I am really starting to like these smaller parties such as the Libertarians. The only reason I would vote Democrat or Republican, is when it comes to local Sheriff's races :D

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    The only reason I would vote Democrat or Republican, is when it comes to local Sheriff's races :D

That's a great point. There is a big difference between D and Rs that stay home and D and Rs who go to Washington D.C. One group works and tries to represent their people, for the most part. The other doesn't show up for work, takes lots of vacations, and enjoys every other perk of being a D.C. politician.

Praetorian13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Northern, Indiana
    That's a great point. There is a big difference between D and Rs that stay home and D and Rs who go to Washington D.C. One group works and tries to represent their people, for the most part. The other doesn't show up for work, takes lots of vacations, and enjoys every other perk of being a D.C. politician.

Very true, and that is why I think there are a lot of people wanting to see what will happen if the smaller parties get into office. To see if they do bring something new into play, or just follow suit. We definitely won't make any progress in D.C. by choosing Strict D's and R's, or we will just keep getting the same thing we always have.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    They've put my children into heavy debt. They've wrecked our economy. They've run roughshod over the Constitution and Bill of Rights (it should now be called the Bill of Stuff We're Letting You Do For Now). They've also pissed me off and given me two political organizations to utterly despise.

That's what they've done for me.

Top Bottom