• Status
    Not open for further replies.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Got the tractor all ready to plow. Made sure the vehicles were ready for winter and got them out of the snow.

Ordered some more Scepter MFC's, and spare parts to keep them working.

For Chirstmas, each of the kids got some better cold weather survival gear.

vzdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   1
    Jan 20, 2011
    Kentland, IN
    Picked up 20 - 30 round AR mags. Got a real decent price on them , and explained to the wifey how it is an "investment" ! She is stockpiling more and more canned goods as she has finally started watching the news and thinking outside the box. She sees what we could be up against with a snowstorm or any major incident. Either that, or she's simply appeasing me! LOL

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Took the new boots and used some of the dress suggestens in that winter survival thread, put 40lbs in a pack and a 5lb pipe and went for a 3 mile walk in the area, roadways and the woods behind the house.
    Legs and back held up alot better than i figured they would :)
    Seems losing 35lbs helped

Boot held up great, good traction nice and warm and very comfy

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    That is prep for the future my friend. Good on you.

Yes Sir! Between her and my boy they are the best investments I have ever made! It was hard seeing her so ill and just laying there, but hey we made it home on Christmas Eve which was a nice present and she is almost 100% back to her self!

My wife prepped for me in my absence, she got me another AR-15 for Christmas (Which she was able to hide from me since August......Should I be concerned?) and 400 rds of ammo.:rockwoot:

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Not a direct prep...but a place to prep and maintain equipment. Almost done with work area in the barn. Concrete floor insulated walls...14 x24 x12 high. Room enough to work on tractors, truck and farm equipment. Next project...casting room for bullets...then the reloading room reorganization. Or whatever project my wife decides is more important.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yes Sir! Between her and my boy they are the best investments I have ever made! It was hard seeing her so ill and just laying there, but hey we made it home on Christmas Eve which was a nice present and she is almost 100% back to her self!

My wife prepped for me in my absence, she got me another AR-15 for Christmas (Which she was able to hide from me since August......Should I be concerned?) and 400 rds of ammo.:rockwoot:

She is a keeper. Lets go shoot it.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Took some old stocks and such down to the store room. More to check temps than anything. Have a small heat duct shooting in there as well as a small electric baseboard type heater. Decided to turn the heater off completely as the temp was well over 60 about a foot off the floor. Will check again this evening to see what it drops to.

While down there I moved some more junk around. Drug out two bags and a box full of non-essential stuff that has moved with me since the mid-80's. Still need to decide if I am going to remove the windows and replace with one smaller version for light only.

Moved some extra ammo down and put a bolt gun in the secondary safe.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Didn't get much done this week because I spent the last 4 nights with my 4 yr old at the hospital for phnumonia. So I spent most of my time playing paper dolls and reading kids books.

Sorry to hear about your little girl....on top of your wife having surgery you all have had you hands fulls...My mom passed away on the 19th of December, was at the hospital and taking care of her at home for over the past month....so I have not done any prepping except the stuff I do that is automatic. Seriously if you all need help I have a house full of grown kids and right across the road.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Went outside about 2300 tonight and started a small fire using a ferro rod. It took a little longer than normal but being the first time I've ever done it in the snow, I was happy with the results.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We packed up supply's and some self defense things to move off site to BOL.
    Put a few more battery's in with this for the back up power source.
    Made some trades for more ammo. Tough to find right now with all the madness.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm looking over my snow covered garden spot dreaming, thinking, planning, dreaming, planning.

I want to try a few different things this coming year. Late fall I had built up a hoogleculter type garden and fortified it with external tiers made of pallet wood to resist erosion. Chunks of stumps and branches are internal.
    hugelkultur: the ultimate raised garden beds
    So far it has stayed together with no discernible collapse or any slide off.

And in the traditional garden I mixed a bunch of sand and peet with the soil. There are potatoes under there, so I want to try this when they start popping up (at around10"-12" I figure): How to Graft Tomatoes Onto Potatoes | eHow.com

Can hardly wait to get some seed pellets started.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    I'm looking over my snow covered garden spot dreaming, thinking, planning, dreaming, planning.

I want to try a few different things this coming year. Late fall I had built up a hoogleculter type garden and fortified it with external tiers made of pallet wood to resist erosion. Chunks of stumps and branches are internal.
    hugelkultur: the ultimate raised garden beds
    So far it has stayed together with no discernible collapse or any slide off.

And in the traditional garden I mixed a bunch of sand and peet with the soil. There are potatoes under there, so I want to try this when they start popping up (at around10"-12" I figure): How to Graft Tomatoes Onto Potatoes | eHow.com

Can hardly wait to get some seed pellets started.

I know exactly how you feel. I just got 2 seed magazines in the mail today!

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Sorry to hear about your little girl....on top of your wife having surgery you all have had you hands fulls...My mom passed away on the 19th of December, was at the hospital and taking care of her at home for over the past month....so I have not done any prepping except the stuff I do that is automatic. Seriously if you all need help I have a house full of grown kids and right across the road.

Thanks, it has been crazy! But what's new lol, if I actually had a slow day I would go insane. Sorry to hear about your mother. Our thoughts are with you!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom