• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    More food and water at the newest off-site location. Added ammo as well. Stocked up some wood for fuel while the burner is still there.

Ordered new plates for a carrier I have. These will be tough enough for some practice drills I hope. Still getting the carrier set up for a bad day scenario.

Stripped my GHB and re-packed it. Removed a couple items and added a few more, like steri-strips.

Drug up two of the completed BOBs from the safe room. Will strip them and add or subtract as needed. Have two more sitting almost empty that I plan to fill as well. The plan is leaning toward having actual BOBs that we will have to carry and BOBs that will be tossed in a vehicle.

Finally found some more ammo for AR and AK that I can practice with. Hate to use up the stores right now.

Ran some more on the treadmill. Never seems to be time for that.

Sold some stuff on the bay that we didn't want or need. Makes more room and a little cash for more important stuff.

My oldest asked about lock picking. Has shown a curious interest for a while now. Gave her some basic steps and she went through them like nothing. Maybe not a prep... but maybe it is one too.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Watching the Rolex 24 hr. race and re-loading my GHB and the BOB after last weeks test run. Found some needs and some things I can do without. That is what tests are for. My wife is assisting and this is a perfect way to pass the evening.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Watching the Rolex 24 hr. race and re-loading my GHB and the BOB after last weeks test run. Found some needs and some things I can do without. That is what tests are for. My wife is assisting and this is a perfect way to pass the evening.
    You might see my good friend on there. He's on the Wayne Taylor team.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    One of the drivers for the P-3 Porsche is a friend of my nephew. I raced with his dad and this young man is really doing well. I love this race.
    I'm not a huge racing fan, but might try to go down next year with his GF and a couple other people who have people working on teams. It would probably be a good time.

Boba

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    ...picked up some more rechargeable batteries and a new charger. Added components to my fuel storage system. Additional ammo. Staying healthy. Joined INGO!...

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Scored a SOG Fasthawk at Walmart for $20.

Did some preliminary testing on some really cheap fire starter cubes. They're just compressed wood pulp, and i got them for next to nothing on my discount at work. I wanted to see of they would work well for cooking fuel. The package says they burn for 12 minutes, but they went for more like 14. I also tested my canteen stove set up. I filled the cup with snow and set out to boil using the cubes.

I used 2 cubes, and it never boiled. It got pretty hot though. One more cube would have boiled for sure but it was already about a half hour so i called it.

They worked decent as fuel. Probably better to start some sticks up and build a fire under the stove. They did take a spark, but it took some time.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Over the last couple months have been building up bushcraft tools, and skills to use them. Added hand hatchet(old, inherited from Grandfather), Cold Steel Kukri Machete, Mora Knife(on a laynard neck knife style. Thank you Cody for the idea). Added a ,Cold Steel Tomahawk, waterproofed all first aid supplies in heavy duty freezer zip bags.

After watching weather forecast, rotated all Lanterns, batterys were weak ,so replaced. Also checked all night table flashlights, 4 cell maglite by my Gun Safe.(was dead from weak batteries), also checked all spares in battery box. Half were dead, bagged up to recycle. Even tried emergency radio, all batterys ok.

Water and quick heat food all set to go. Firearms are secured.

Need a list to replace the used batterys, Ice storms can take out power for long times. Didn't want to be caught short in one.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    For the last couple weeks I've been carrying and playing around with a "streamlight microstream". It's a tiny little flashlight that puts out a lot of light, weighs next to nothing, has an LED, and the battery life seems pretty good all for under $20 shipped. I've put one of these flashlights in my BOB, medical kits for the cars, GHB, bedside etc. Basically I've put one everywhere I already had a flashlight and would like a spare, and a few other places where it sure couldn't hurt to have another.

Had another big talk saturday night with the in-laws. Their eyes are really starting to open up and apparently the father in law has been talking to the neighborhood fathers and they all know who the "hunters" are. They just haven't made the $$ commitment to start getting food & supplies around.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Finished a total re-fit on the GHB and the BOB bags. Made the changes I found needed after the a 48 hr. test. No matter how you pack or think ahead there will always be something you need or forgot. The wife and I pack clothing in a separate bag now and it has freed up some needed space.

We up-graded the flash lights to something similar to what teddy12b is using. Also added 3 more florescent battery lanterns to the stores. I took 1 with me on the test run and it was wonderful so we picked up 3 more.
    Put in some re-chargeable battery's and a charger.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Checked the batteries in a 4 cell mag light, still had plenty of juice but they are corroded in place.

Loaded 100 rnds of 9mm.

5 dryfires last week.

Cut the metal buckles off my large alice to replace with fastex.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Hacked a 9 volt battery for some AAAA batteries for my Streamlight stylus.

Nice thing is the light uses 3 and the battery has 6 so you end up with an extra set.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom