Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Worked out hard.

1 dryfire session (G19, AK, 870)

Bought 200 rds of 12g shot for training

Practiced my knots

Had an awesome session in the gym with a top tier instructor, going back to the fundementals- footwork, striking/striking-kicking combinations, then went on to chokes, choke escapes and ended up with some stick fighting.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The prep for the moment would seem modest and regaining lost territory, but the surgery to restore use of both eyes will do much. It has also taught me that it may be wise to practice operating with one eye patched alternately such as to be prepared for injury diminishing or eliminating the use of one eye in SHTF.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Worked out (still losing weight to get back down to fighting trim).
    Bought enough 55 gallon water barrels to triple my water stores (guy on craigslist had them super cheap).
    Did maintenance on all vehicles and the generator (plugs, filters, fluids, oil, etc).
    One range trip to Roush Lake in the rain.
    Bunch of dry fire and transition drills.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Been a bit since posting in here.
    We have been concentrating on rotating items. Putting items on the shelf that we can consume but enough in stock for at least 1 month of normal consumption.
    We are finding a lot of consumables with decent shelf life.

Along with the long term stored items it is looking pretty good.

Water is still an issue.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I discovered that my first-aid supplies for small stuff were raided by other household members without replacing anything or even letting me know! I need to restock.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I discovered that my first-aid supplies for small stuff were raided by other household members without replacing anything or even letting me know! I need to restock.

I have had the same issue. I have to hide the kit and that takes away from it being effective in a real emergency.

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Bought 40 ounces of silver, 25lbs of lentils, 25lbs adzuki beans, ordered a hungarian style bow w/40# draw (for practice, in addition to my 55lb Bear recurve), and seeds for planting :). Next week will be more arrows!

*Edit* The Bow I ordered is by Buffalo, ordered on Amazon.com ($125 shipped here). Apparently it's really good for the money with many 5 star reviews. I figure it'll be a good rabbit/practice bow as I already have one for large game.

TGUNTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Plainfield
    I keep a lot of the medical supplies and dried foods in sealed five gallon buckets. This keeps everyone from digging in my supplies we have other supplies for everyday use. It seems like too much trouble for them to open and look through the buckets so for now I am the only one stocking or rotating them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I keep a lot of the medical supplies and dried foods in sealed five gallon buckets. This keeps everyone from digging in my supplies we have other supplies for everyday use. It seems like too much trouble for them to open and look through the buckets so for now I am the only one stocking or rotating them.

My Main kit is a shoulder type bag so it is easy to grab and go if need be.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom