• Status
    Not open for further replies.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    It's been over a week since the family has changed eating habits and started going to the "Y". I'm already down a few pounds with more to go.

The gun collection has grown some, and the wife even knows about most of it.

Got a pair of "muckboots" artcic pro's. One thing I noticed from the pathfinder school was that all the instructors were using those boots. Once I got a pair on my feet I understood why. I'm not quite sure how they'd work for a long distance hike, so I'll have to try that out and report back. Good quality footwear for the winter is a big deal to me.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Speaking of "muckbooks", what are the good quality overshoe type these days? I always had waterproof boots when I worked on livestock. I mean the kind you pull on over your shoes, probably were synthetic rubber, and you could hose them off.

I would like some now for taking care of my poultry in the mornings without getting mud on my shoes. I might as well pick up some that last a while. Any suggestions?

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    love the muck boots!!! bought a set of "air feet" insoles, they are awesome!!!! their a little weird to adjust to at first (about a week) but afterwards, your feet aren't 'tired' at the end of the day

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    More diesel for the tractor, hopefully tomorrow, premium gas for storage, and kerosene. All the ammo I ordered came in. Waiting on lanterns.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Tested out new gear last night on a couple mile walk. First new item the list was the muckboots. After a third of a mile the bottoms of my feet were on fire. Slipped them off and put on my old brokeN in boots and all was well. Those boots won't work for what I plan on for them. Gave them to my dad when they stopped by today. That's done.

Next item, blade tech owb holster for g19. Mile after mile of awesomeness. Love it.

Blade tech double mag belt pouch was great until about 1.5 miles in. At that point it just really stared digging in. I think it'll be fine for range and soft use, but for miles on end, no good.

Part of the walk was by night vision. Nothing fancy, just trying to get some time in with it. Part of that was using the IR laser. Seeing how well itd show up at distances around my area.

Part of the walk was with a haversack, then half way through I put on my backpack to see how much of a difference it made.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    sorry to hear that about the muck boots on the hike, teddy12b. Look into airfeet.com, for awesome insoles!!! I've been wearing them for 4 months now; last 2 have been in my muck boots. They do take a week to get used to, but man what a difference!!! I get off work after 12 to 14 hours of being on my feet, walking, and driving; I still have a spring in my step. Their like walking on air!!! I do have flat feet, and I just slip them over my orthotics. Which in 35+ years of wearing orthotics, I've never used any kind of insole with the orthotics, with any success, BUT these air feet are heaven!!!

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Nothing. It's been a few weeks of not being able to procure, train, top off or build. Recovering from a long needed surgery. Should be back at it in a couple weeks. My newest batch of SOE fuel tanks need filled.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've been putting a lot of time in the last few weeks on getting in shape again. Lot's of time on the elliptical, I'm up to 25 minutes on it, and quite a few long (3.5 miles+) walks. In a week or so, I plan on taking a 40 lb loaded pack on walk. Lot's of weights and pushups, as well, and I'm down 11 lbs since I started all this. Starting to feel better about my odds if I ever have to hoof it.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Ended up buying 89 octane, 30 gallons. Should get me through the ice storm season. That's when we lose power. I heard on the radio today that premium gas is at the biggest price gap over regular ever. Since it all has ethanol, I guess stabil will have to be enough. All my fuel storage is tagged and dated....
    Also welded a Crack in the front loader on my tractor. Guess I over did it.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Built my 13yo son his own GHB to keep when he goes off on trips and such.

Got released from the doc to start rebuilding my arm strength since surgery.

doubled my income at my instructor gig.

Purchased some more gunsmithing tools.

Reading more books on self sustaining lifestyles.

5 lbs of banana chips in the stores.

Dry fire session to rebuild my grip strength.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom