• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Picked up a Garden in a Can! And 12 of these! 600 rds ammo. 150 or so canned goods. Got a few little things...little solar lights, paracord, Sterno. Got rid of some things we no longer needed. Did a rotation of food.

I think that's it, for now.

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    Haven't order it yet , But did some comparsions on price for from Honeyville, Mountain House, Thrive, and Emergency Essentials. Honeyville had all of them beat hands down on pricing and shipping .
    The things I payed close attention to where the whole eggs, milk,and the other dairy items.
    We have used the Emergency Essentials (Provident Pantry) milk and eggs before and where, quite impressed . I think that we are going to try the freeze dried ground beef and some TVP.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    father in law gave me an old coleman camping stove. Now I have to check it out and see if it needs replacement parts.

I found a new spring - now I have to see how long it stays wet into the summer.

Did I tell you the one about the spring that turned out to be the output from a bad septic tank.......not at my place, but down the road, at least he had the water checked first.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Bought a bunch of food today to keep and store to start to build a decent earthquake survival stash. Historically, the Tokyo area has been hit by a MASSIVE earthquake about every 75 years, and we are about 10 years overdue..! :nailbite: :eek:

So, I want to build at least a month's worth of supplies for if/WHEN the STHF, like it did here in Tokyo in 1923, and like it did in Kobe in 1995. Since I live on the 5th floor with only one staircase to get me to the ground floor, this may eventually include rappelling rope/gear to ensure I can escape the building, assuming it stays in one piece...

I also gassed up my CR-V, and got an oil change, --> something I have not had done since I bought it over 2 years ago. I hardly drive it, thus no real need, but seeing the topic (preparedness) here and on Nutnfancy/other youtube pages has inspired me to start prepping the ride as well in case the need arises to bug out to the hills.

Things I have:

- weapons, and friends who have weapons :ar15:
    - portable shelter/sleeping bag
    - Medium ALICE pack/H harness/some hiking gear

Things I need to do/acquire

- a jack for my car (a *priority*!!, noticed it was missing/never came with the car just a couple weeks ago; will probably have to order it from Honda, no joy at the local car shops so far)
    - water filter/containers, stocks of bottled water
    - a good field knife/ves, a machete, field saw, ax
    - food and tools/BoB prepositioned in car
    - a head mounted lamp for working in the woods at night, under the car, fighting :mallninja:s, etc...
    - lithium batteries for my surefire
    - first aid kits for the car and home

...and a ton of other stuff that I am sure I will think of ro find as I work on getting prepped. The fun continues...

Last edited:

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Got my new bench mount chainsaw blade sharpener.
    Ordered 12 pack Tactical light batteries
    More silver
    Smoked 23 packs canadian bacon, YUM
    Jammed more goodies in my BOB
    2 more cases of canned food
    1500 more rounds of 22 and 12 ga

Last edited:

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    picked up more beans while grocery shopping today...going to do some hand drill fire starting tomorrow...

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Tilled in the garden plot today... 40"x160"

Will be putting up Chicken fence around it this weekend.(I hope)

Got some seeds started indoors:
    Eggplant
    Lettuce
    Broccoli
    Cauliflower

Will start next week indoors:
    Green Peppers
    Chillies
    Habaneros
    Roma Tomato
    Watermelon
    Cantelope
    Cherry Tomato

Will be culling my flock:
    Going to butcher 12 of my California Leghorns
    Adding 12 Rhode Island Reds
    Adding 2 Brown Turkeys

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I've actually really got into this.. Not in a sense of Armageddon, but just overall well being and peace of mind.. From adding more trauma related medical items to the vehicles ( Izzy Bandages, CATS, compressed gauze, and more ), slowly building a well stocked pantry, and working out a emergency plan with the family. Heck, we even started a some seeds to get a garden going early.. It's been fun to see a garden sprout up on the coffee table in the jiffy.. (my 3 year old son goes nuts in the morning seeing the seeds sprout and get bigger daily). I am working out 3 days a week and really taking a more active interest in things I'd otherwise just shrug off...

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    tarped off the garden plot and ordered my seeds. gonna till it up in a couple days, also found 200 more rounds of 45 at walmart for 15 bucks a box on the federal sweet also 2.2k more 22lr . also picked up a cheap sleeping back on sale for 20 bucks. which for the wife and kid is better than nothing.

god i love this thread. keeps me so on my game

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    I am working out 3 days a week and really taking a more active interest in things I'd otherwise just shrug off...

This...THIS...THIS!!!

Things/items, supplies can be acquired. With the zombies eating 90% of the population ;), there will be plenty of basic supplies just lying around. A year's supply of food isn't going to help someone whose current poor dietary/exercise habits (or lack thereof) make them look like one of Jabba the Hutt's relatives. Software (i.e. knowledge & skills, healthy lifestyle habits, mindset, etc.) is more important than hardware, so NOW/everyday is the time to prepare, and not just for emergencies. Not exactly a newsflash here, but the healthier we are, the better we can live day to day and enjoy the time given to us on this planet/in this existance.

My signature sums up the necessary mindset quite nicely...Time to train! :yesway: :ingo:

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Haven't done sh** this week. Had to work all week. This sucks. At least I'm staying in a survivalist state of mind.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom