• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Did some target practice with my teenage son. Long guns and pistol. Still haven't gotten the garden planted, too wet. Maybe next week. Bought a bunch of van de camp baked beans on sale(good stuff). Also bought 9mm ammo to replace what we burned up.

Hey, "beans and bullets" what else do you need?

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Did some target practice with my teenage son. Long guns and pistol. Still haven't gotten the garden planted, too wet. Maybe next week. Bought a bunch of van de camp baked beans on sale(good stuff). Also bought 9mm ammo to replace what we burned up.

Extra TP!!!!!!!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i ate 2 big packages of hardtack that Pamcake gave me in 1 day. then the next day i took a marathon power dump.

then I repacked some of my gear i had used for camping the prior weekend, and I bought more ammo yesterday. I also have been trying some cool new things that tyler34 showed me with 550 cord. also im getting ready to buy another pistol to put in another BOB. Also thanks to SWATDOC im starting the process of getting my HAM radio license and im trying to decide which radio model to buy. (i need 4 to work it into my family and network bug out security plan)

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield

Just for the record I had my sig line (silent but deadly...just add beans or bullets) before reading your post, but they do go together quite well. :D

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    There's a MURS radio that is a 2-meter rig, so if you got your license and 4 radios, you could still talk to the non-hams on the MURS frequencies. They are non-license and not as populous as FRS. I think they run about $100. For a good dual band radio, the Yeasu FT-60 isn't a bad radio (it's one I have). Best way to get your ticket is, keep talking practice tests online till you're getting 100% then take the test. The theory and all is nice, but you can come back to that later, and you'll have your license.

i ate 2 big packages of hardtack that Pamcake gave me in 1 day. then the next day i took a marathon power dump.

then I repacked some of my gear i had used for camping the prior weekend, and I bought more ammo yesterday. I also have been trying some cool new things that tyler34 showed me with 550 cord. also im getting ready to buy another pistol to put in another BOB. Also thanks to SWATDOC im starting the process of getting my HAM radio license and im trying to decide which radio model to buy. (i need 4 to work it into my family and network bug out security plan)

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    There's a MURS radio that is a 2-meter rig, so if you got your license and 4 radios, you could still talk to the non-hams on the MURS frequencies. They are non-license and not as populous as FRS. I think they run about $100. For a good dual band radio, the Yeasu FT-60 isn't a bad radio (it's one I have). Best way to get your ticket is, keep talking practice tests online till you're getting 100% then take the test. The theory and all is nice, but you can come back to that later, and you'll have your license.

Thanks buddy!!! if i dont buy one before we meet up again, i would like to check yours out if you dont mind.

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    :welcome:This thread has been dead for a couple of months again, its time to breathe some life into the sleeping giant!!! This week we rekindled the MSG in area 2. Myself, I'm going to take some time and do some organizing of things, work on an inventory list, insted of just a couple of this and a few of that. Lets hear some of the good thins you guys and gals have been doing and keeping covert.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I finally turned over the gear in the walk home bag to a summer setup. We did a bunch of canning and rotated our some of last year's stuff to eat up. Checked the fruit trees today, the apples got hit hard by a late frost so I won't have too many of those this year. My dad and cousin just finished bottling a batch of strawberry wine and now they are "unbottling" some of it.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    had a blast at the MSG2 meeting last night. have a ton of stuff i wanna learn, especialy from DHolder on food preservation. thanks for the samples last night!!

i recently changed out the canteens on my main BOB to bottles with replaceble filters in them. new pouches for them as well. the idea behind this was, in a situation where i would need to keep moving with my family, i wouldnt have to do too much to purify some water, so it keeps us in constant motion so we reach our BOL quicker.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I ordered 2 more cases of MRE's in Longbows group buy late last week. To be fair though they will prob. be eaten as late night snacks within the next 6 months though. I polished my Henry survival rifle internal parts so it looks like and functions like a well made .22lr rifle rather than the rough thing that it was. I surfed Talk To Tucker.com to build a mental inventory/history so when finances allow I can buy rural land.

cumminspwrd02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Valparaiso
    My wife made up a new first aid kit this week. I got a couple more cases of drinking water, case of gatorade, canned food, and ramen packets. I also picked alot of tomatoes for canning from the garden. Got a bunch of pickles canned a few weekends ago. I also picked up another spam can of 7.62x54r.

damdayshifter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    georgetown
    Prep Work

I finally convinced my wife to always have at least a quarter tank of gas or more in all three cars. Plus we work out a several bug out routes with rally points if we loose contact with each other.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i have been doing a ton since i last posted in this thread. i am trying to get into canning but i am struggling. well not horrible but my peppers are super soggy and i don't know what i am doing wrong. i am gonna have to try a different recipe or something. anywho

got a huge garden going with more peppers, tomato's, broccoli, beans, cabbage, asparagus, and rhubarb than i know what to do with lol.

have upgraded my medical supplies a ton

a little bit of ammo here and there but nothing to crazy

got a couple new canteens of the stainless steel type, awesome btw

and best of all i have been testing my kit as much as i can to see what works and what is just there to make me feel better. when you take your kit out somewhere and use it for a day or 2 you realize what you need and what you don't. i think mine is now down to a great mix between edc urban and woodland. and coming in right around 13 lbs. and could easily sustain me for a long time.

i am glad this thread came back it really helps me keep on my game lol

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    My son took my truck to pick up a welder on Friday, so I removed my tub containing a tent, sleeping bag, pillow, camp stove, and jacket etc.,to re-do it.

I left the tent/bag/pillow, etc. Removed the camp stove since I won't leave the fuel canister(s) in the heat/severe cold anyway. I added some hiking boots, socks, and put in a shovel, head band type light, and gloves.

I will carry extra clothes, the jacket, reflective vest (just in case I have to walk at night), and an old pair of shoes and first aid kit in a backpack. I have another backpack that I will take with me each day that I leave the house which will contain food and water. (perishables)

It's still not what I want, but it's getting there. :rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom