• Status
    Not open for further replies.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Checked out and aired up the tires on my "truck bike". My son rebuilds bikes and I "stole" one from him. It's not pretty and it's small, but it will come in handy if for some reason I can't use my truck to get home. Be a lot quicker than walking. :D Now, all I have to do is re-learn to ride a bike again. (It's been a "few" years. :rolleyes:)

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Took a carbine training class this past weekend. I discovered there were things I didn't even know I didn't know.
    I highly suggest some form of firearms training. I've been shooting handguns and rifles for 30 years and I learned a bunch.

GSquared

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Columbus
    I completely agree.....keep taking training and keep an open mind. The best trainers I have worked with always state that they continue to learn with each class they teach and keep evolving their techniques and methods.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Did some canning. Applesauce.

This was our first time canning (well... my first time, my wife canned with her parents when growing up).

We used 2/3rd of 1/2 a bushell. Got 10 large jars done. They all appear to have sealed successfully. The sound of them popping closed is pretty cool.

Lessons learned:
    1. We need a larger pot for cooking big batches. We could only do about 5 jars at a time.
    2. Since the lids aren't meant to be re-used, we need a stockpile of lids
    3. We haven't had the heat on in our house yet this year... this much cooking heated up the up-stairs quite a bit.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Took a female friend to check out some firearms. I think she is coming around to (limited) preparedness for a somewhat/possible violent future.
    (We women have to watch out for each other. Her husband is nearly worthless - feigns illness often to get out of working.)

Now, if I can get her to step it up a notch. ;) Next step - shooting various handguns. (And maybe some rifles/shotguns. :D)

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Went to another Appleseed with my GF and 11 y/o daughter. Got my "Rifleman" patch (Finally :patriot:)
    Picking up woodstove this week and starting the hearth build to place it.
    Bought a new chainsaw two weeks ago to start clearing some downed trees on my property for use in the above mentioned woodstove. :D

Installing new deadbolts in all doors and also 48" x 2", 1/6" steel "Door guards" (self made) in all frames to eliminate "kick ins"

Last edited:

SpecWar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Just got back this past Friday from Kentucky, spent Thursday and Friday hitting some of the Army surplus stores around Ft. Knox and Radcliff. Several new cleaning kits, bandages, bags, mag pouches, new water bladder for Camelback Mule pack, and some great used Gerber multi-tools.. All in all, a great couple of days away from work..

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    picked up a new kel tec pmr30 . did a review in the handgun section but basically a semi auto 22 mag that holds 30 rounds and weights less than a pound fully loaded. ran 400 rounds through it. loving the gun. bought some med stuff at the 1500

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    got some mole killer...now I have to identify the mole.........

Bubblegum (chewed) or traps, which look awful but really work.

The last couple weeks I have bought and started building my GHB. Before I just threw things in the truck.

Added some e-blankets to the BOB, GHB and had a couple extras for the kid's backpacks. Hey it was my oldest daughter's idea... I like that.

Split up 100' of 550 line for the bags and bought a few more supplies like TP and matches.

Wife is starting to think more about it in my absence, so buy-in is finally happening on a larger scale.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    I just picked up a tent, the MAC Kodiak quick set. Houses 4, weighs 6lb and can be constructed and taken down in a minute.

I have zero experience with this setup, and would enjoy hearing some experiences, pros and cons are PLUS.

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    Tucking in the garden this year... planting cover crops of winter rye and hairy vetch....stockpiled some manure and leaves to compost over the winter for the spring and beginning crop planting plans for next year.

Brought herbs and some other plants to grow inside.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Checked out and aired up the tires on my "truck bike". My son rebuilds bikes and I "stole" one from him. It's not pretty and it's small, but it will come in handy if for some reason I can't use my truck to get home. Be a lot quicker than walking. :D Now, all I have to do is re-learn to ride a bike again. (It's been a "few" years. :rolleyes:)

Piece of cake...it's just like riding a ...umm...oh...never mind :n00b:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom