• Status
    Not open for further replies.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Hit it hard last week on combat conditioning. 17 miles of running and rucking, plus weights, Bootcamp and biking.

2 dryfire sessions

1 Fight Night-drills and sparring

2 Range sessions: One session was solo, working pistol fundementals and running my .22 AR conversion.

One session was team based. After some CCW type pistol drills, we did 5 man react to contact drills, center peels, formed a tight 360, treated a downed operator etc.

Finally picked up my TAC 65. Its sweet.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    sutures? I have the other necessities like forceps, hemoststs, etc. but all I can find is old or practice stuff. I really don't want to buy a suture kit.

All the local drug stores look at me like I'm nuts. Even more so then when I was looking for potassium iodide...:nuts:
    Next time you visit the hospital for any reason, be snoopy. Those drawers are full of all sorts of neat stuff. Sutures, syringes, single use antibiotic ointment packs, KY jelly, etc.....I keep super glue (salicylic acid) in my FA kit for superficial flesh wounds, combined with a bit of duct tape it will fix almost anything (just don't glue the wound completely closed as you will need an opening for drainage). I also have several types/sizes of sutures, but I get them from a doctor in my family....

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    sutures? I have the other necessities like forceps, hemoststs, etc. but all I can find is old or practice stuff. I really don't want to buy a suture kit.

All the local drug stores look at me like I'm nuts. Even more so then when I was looking for potassium iodide...:nuts:

You can get Potasium Iodide at the Whole Foods store on 86th St. It's been a while since I've been there, but IIRC it just west of Keystone.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    bought a new knife.. an Ontario Knives RAT-3
    bought a new sharpening stone and am relearning the art of sharpening a knife..
    rotated some fuel
    rotated some water
    bought more food
    ordered more 123 batteries
    ordered some other survival items to test

did research for my preparedness store which will have to be heavily fortified if the crap ever does hit the fan for after the stores are looted my place will be next..

Last edited:

browncofiddler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Brown County
    Bought a few more books and canning jars! Just want to be more self sufficient and make it a way of life, like it used to be for us years ago. When you live with less dependency on the grocery store, it won't be such a hard transition when SHTF. Seems to make sense, anyway...

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I found a few items this week.

100' 550 cord
    radio am/fm/weather battery or hand crank(really wanted one of these got lucky at yard sale)
    Hiking books
    Fire striker kit**
    Camel water pack**
    ** Wife got me these for our anniversary

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Gave my Son n Law a Bushmaster AR-15 with 10 mags and 1 k of ammo. Hes a good kid,and couldnt ask for a better allie.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Gave my Son n Law a Bushmaster AR-15 with 10 mags and 1 k of ammo. Hes a good kid,and couldnt ask for a better allie.

I did something similar, but not as nice. I dumped an SKS and a couple K of ammo at my father's place.

Been building it up as a cache. Have a 50 cal box filled with various ammo that I might have on me at any given time. Case of MREs and working on a drum of water. He has a cistern there but what the heck.

Started doing this to get him into the thought process. So far all he says is that he will just find me if something happens. What if my place gets leveled? Then he is out of luck.

He is coming around... slowly, but at least it is happening.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I met up with a friend who brought two rookies to the range with him. It was show and tell day and the boys got an eye opening experience on firearms. Once I got the rifle dialed in for 1000 yards I had both of them shoot the target so they could say that they've done it. Now, there's two more guys who are going to be getting into shooting and being self reliant and two less sheeple out there.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I knocked out 20 miles of running and rucking this past week. Plus weights, Bootcamp, 20 miles of biking etc.

1 fight Nite: heavy bag, drills, light sparring, disarms.

1 dryfire session. G19, J frame speed strip reloads.

1 Range session. Worked w/ pistol-rifle transitions, AK reloads on the run, hits out to 150 meters.

Spent some time in the bush working fieldcraft, tracking, stalking, tested some gear, got wet and muddy.

Conducted a comms check with buddies on murs radios.

Picked raspberries and blueberries with the family. Will make some into jam.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom