Not open for further replies.

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    More bottled water, more canned and dry goods, more ammo and a new gun.:D

Of all the things we can plan for, electricity just may be the achilles heal. Sure a generator will be helpful at the onset but it's not a long term solution. This one aspect bugs me. Why you ask ?

Sound Signature. It will tell anyone within earshot that YOU HAVE something worth generating electricity for and the fuel to run it, until it runs dry.

Silencing a generator's exhaust noise is not easy.

99 pages of this thread and still growing.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    More bottled water, more canned and dry goods, more ammo and a new gun.:D

Of all the things we can plan for, electricity just may be the achilles heal. Sure a generator will be helpful at the onset but it's not a long term solution. This one aspect bugs me. Why you ask ?

Sound Signature. It will tell anyone within earshot that YOU HAVE something worth generating electricity for and the fuel to run it, until it runs dry.

Silencing a generator's exhaust noise is not easy.

99 pages of this thread and still growing.
    Actually, it is ridiculously easy to run a Generator Quietly...

nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    5 sleeping bags
    5 bug out bags
    2 entrenchment tools
    made arrangements for a long term food storage delivery
    3000 rounds of 9mm ammo
    50 rounds of 25 acp ammo (don't laugh, it's my deceased mom's gun & the only gun I didn't have ammo for!)
    1300ish rounds of 22lr ammo
    a military first aid book
    a military physical conditioning book
    a 22lr 1911 style pistol for fun
    a wife who is starting to actually help in my plans of being ready for SHTF situations
    add 3250 rds of .22lr ammo. :)

Last edited:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Got another safe, plan to move the old one into the basement. Little more protection from a tornado or fire.

Picked up another bulk pack of .22 lr and ten boxes of the 100 round shotshells from wally world. Dropped the price so it saved me $50. Another K of 7.62x39 and 250 rounds of 00 Buck.

Moved another ammo box each of .223, .22 LR, and 7.62x39 along with shotshells and pistol ammo to the secondary cache. Also dropping a couple more cases of MRE's there and a case of water.

Added to the can goods and some other non-perishables. Picked up more laxative and anti-laxative as well as vitamin C tabs and allergy meds.

Need to move at least one 55 gallon drum into the basement for emergency water. Have them, but just haven't done it yet. Getting colder each day so I need to move on that.

Went to the current 'zombie' room and saw just how much extra junk we have stored in there. Starting to weed out the stuff we obviously don't use. The goal is if it isn't preps it isn't in there.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I got a lesson on humility at the gun range. Over the weekend I had my long range 223 out and with the wind (15-20 mph) I was struggling to hit the targets I wouldn't think twice about. In any case I really got some good training and learned a lot about reading the wind, and it was awefully humbling, but I needed that.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Worked out. Went for a ruck.

2 dry fire sessions.

Fall FTX with the crew. Tons of range time, 2 man drills and vehicle bailouts.

Second range session, different group, mostly newer shooters, all pistol work with a little shotgun. Proper use of cover, compressed shooting platform etc.

sbsg2005

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    Due to the snow I just went out and put the PVC frame and plastic sheeting over my still producing raised garden beds. Still have carrots, lettuce, onions, leeks, broccoli, spinach, mustard greens, kale, and a few herbs coming in. Will add some straw to the beds tomorrow, the heat from the decomposing straw should keep me producing into the new year or if it is a mild winter all winter

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Got Generator #3 this week, and the wife, kids and I homemade 24 emergency candles out of parafin wax and old sauce jars we have saved for that purpose and have enough wax to make 72 more. Got 41 cases of Pepsi for .48 a piece with some killer coupons the wife tracked down, and bought another 100 rounds of ammo. That's it for this week I think.

indychad

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    May 6, 2009
    Brown Co.
    Took an Emergancy Medical class three weeks ago and ordered everything we need for 4 TCCC kits this week. One for each car and one for the house. The home kit will be expanded for a bug in.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Got Generator #3 this week, and the wife, kids and I homemade 24 emergency candles out of parafin wax and old sauce jars we have saved for that purpose and have enough wax to make 72 more. Got 41 cases of Pepsi for .48 a piece with some killer coupons the wife tracked down, and bought another 100 rounds of ammo. That's it for this week I think.

WHERE did you find the coupons for the Pepsi? Also what was the sale price before the coupons?

454comp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    bought 1110 rounds of .22lr rotated my food in my BOB's and picked up some cheap knives and flashlights to keep in each car.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom