• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Hand Loaded 200 rds 9mm, 100 rds 38 special, and did my first batch of .308. Wife traded on her walther pk380 in for a glock 19 which works really well with the preps because now I can keep all the .380 that i have on hand for my ankle gun. Now both of our main carry weapons are glock 9mm and I can focus on more ammo in less calibers!

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Moved food and water to another off-site location. Taking an assortment of ammo there later. This weekend we plan to build up additional clothes and gear that can be stored there as well.

Not planning to store a lot there, but enough to last a few days at the least. It is on the other side of the county and I am there almost daily working anyhow.

Considering dropping a couple firearms there as well. Lots of places for hidey-holes and such.

Building another AR upper. Will start stockpiling ammo for it as soon as I find out what load works best.

Rob52pars

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    Demotte, IN
    Today i took advantage of free shipping on some sites. Ordred some digital camo uniforms, a tactical vest, a single point sling for my sig m400, and some more 30rd clips.

Lucky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Shelbyville
    My family killed several deer this past season. We normally process ourselves and freeze it. This year I decided to can a bunch of it as well. I can't begin to explain how happy I am with the results. Wish I would have started years earlier.You would be hard pressed to find better eating meat, wonderful taste and texture. Over 50 pints and will do more if we get some in the late season.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Pool full of water for backup, scoped out my neighbors on each side, just going take their food when they leave.;)

I forgot to add that I went around to the local Chinese carry outs and collected menus with phone numbers. These places NEVER close so I know the food will not be a problem. 10 minute please?

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I put up some shelves, more than doubling my food supply space in the upper part of my house. Bought more 5 gallon buckets at lowes. I've been prepping with guns, ammo, and other survival type gear for several years, but have only recently become comfortable with my food supply.:yesway:

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Made some purchases:
    8 person tent and 2 queen-size air mattresses
    Kerosene lantern
    5 gallon water jug for the vehicle
    Fishing line
    Case of Campbell’s Tomato Soup
    Two 7.62x54R spam cans
    Spotting scope
    5 gallon gas can and filled it

Activities
    Went shooting. Mosin Nagant at 100yards.
    Reloaded 150 9mm rounds (single stage press…sigh, but better than nothing)

Wish every week were this productive for me in the prepping area.

Last edited:

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    I received spouse approval to set up a second reloading bench for the progressives. Tried out some more instant soup that I wanted to stock up on. Cleaned up in the garage and continued to process the brass I got in.

Rob52pars

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    Demotte, IN
    Today i went and bought sizeable quantities of more TP, paper towel, one gallon zip-lock bags, aluminum foil, salt, and bar soap. I also filled all my new 5 gallon gas cans (30 gallons in total)

Now that the wife is on board, and i'm not hiding anymore, this has become quite enjoyable.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Today i went and bought sizeable quantities of more TP, paper towel, one gallon zip-lock bags, aluminum foil, salt, and bar soap. I also filled all my new 5 gallon gas cans (30 gallons in total)

Now that the wife is on board, and i'm not hiding anymore, this has become quite enjoyable.

Happy wife....happy life. Once my wife was on board it was full steam ahead. She has already near filled the shelves I just built in the furnace room. Now she hides her receipts from me...............:D

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    Today marks 10 weeks since I lost my job. During this time, with the exception of some milk and eggs, we have lived off of the food we had on hand. We still have not had to get into any of our long term food preps. The wife did buy a couple of turkeys right before Thanksgiving because they were on sale, but those went into the freezer and are still there. She also bought some canned veggies on sale, but those went to increase our long term food preps. I would not have chosen a job loss to test our readiness as far as food goes, but I'm sure glad we had an abundant supply of food on-hand. The wife is getting quite good at making bread from scratch. Much better than store bought bread and it smells great baking :-)

rn7554

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Got KaBar BK2 and Eskabar+preloaded wound stapler, sabercut saw, next thing on the list as soon as I get my hand on money is a Wetterling forest axe for B.O.B.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Today marks 10 weeks since I lost my job. During this time, with the exception of some milk and eggs, we have lived off of the food we had on hand. We still have not had to get into any of our long term food preps. The wife did buy a couple of turkeys right before Thanksgiving because they were on sale, but those went into the freezer and are still there. She also bought some canned veggies on sale, but those went to increase our long term food preps. I would not have chosen a job loss to test our readiness as far as food goes, but I'm sure glad we had an abundant supply of food on-hand. The wife is getting quite good at making bread from scratch. Much better than store bought bread and it smells great baking :-)

May 31st was my last day at the W2. Had 12 weeks of severance. Been doing fine on my own. So happy not to be punching a clock any longer.

Happy to see that it wasn't the ruin you might have expected when you lost your job. The preps make you feel better.

Now I need to dig out the recipe for beer bread...

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Wife announced that we needed livestock ...I don't know what inspired that and don't care.
    Apparently she had an Epiphany ...this is what we need to be doing...getting some use from our
    land. Hope to start with rabbits and hens...maybe graduate to sheep or goats.
    First thing this spring.....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wife announced that we needed livestock ...I don't know what inspired that and don't care.
    Apparently she had an Epiphany ...this is what we need to be doing...getting some use from our
    land. Hope to start with rabbits and hens...maybe graduate to sheep or goats.
    First thing this spring.....

Be very carefull not to get any speed goats...very dangerous.............:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom