• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    This last week I've made a open invitation to all my friends on facebook to take them to a range and show them about guns. I've offered to provide all the safety equipment and cover all the costs. I've made it clear that political pride & ego will be set aside and we'll just discuss the facts while gaining some first hand experience on the discussion. I told them we'd shoot the kind of rifles everyone's talking about, some pistols, and a long range rifle out to 1000 yards. I really hoped that that I'd get some open minded liberals to take me up on the offer, but the joke is really on me if I'm looking for an open minded liberal.

Otherwise, I've got a cousin bringing me a box full of parts on Saturday and we're going to sit down at my reloading table together and build a PSA Dissipator together. I'm going to teach him everything I know about how that weapon works, and he'll leave knowing that gun inside and out.
    Can I be your friend?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've had several people who were interested. Two people who are old friends from years past were interested, but I don't think either would be the "right" influence to have around while introducing a new shooter who's feeling vurnerable. I had another hardcore republican party guy who's never shot or had an interest in it, but wouldn't mind giving it a try and another guy similar to that.

What I did get is that a whole bunch of people read the offer and liked it. Several people commented on it and thanked me for offering to help educate people. If nothing else it was good public relations for the gun world.

We need a bit more of this level headed approach and less from the Yeagers.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Copied and pasted from Facebook:

Open invitation to facebook friends & family. Recently there’s been a lot of chatter about guns here on FB, and more times than not the people with the strongest opinions are those who have either never shot a gun, or never a shot a gun like the ones our politicians are talking about now. On Sunday the 13th, I’ll be going to a gun range North of Fort Wayne, for most of the day, and I’d like to e...xtend an offer to anyone who’d genuinely like to know more about what guns are actually capable of by gaining some first hand experience with them. I will provide all the safety equipment and I will show you everything you need to know to safely handle a gun. For those of you who didn’t know I am a vet and I promise to teach you safe responsible gun handling . You will be 100% safe, and I promise that we can have intelligent and honest discussions all day long about the gun bans being proposed without political egos and pride getting in the way of rational thought. I’m not going to try to change your mind, I just want to show you what’s being talked about so you can make an informed decision for yourself. During this trip I plan on bringing semi auto rifles that are exactly the type being talked about today in the media, a rifle that I use to shoot targets with at 1,000 yards (over half mile), and I’ll be bringing pistols to practice concealed carry shooting. My offer is completely genuine, and it’s something that’s important enough to me that people get safe first hand experience with that I will pick up all the costs involved with the days shooting for those who have the courage and are willing to step out of their comfort zone. All I ask is that people come with an open mind, I’ll provide the rest. Make a comment below or send me a message if interested.

Even if the liberals choose to ignore it, this kind of post on facebook will at least take some of the wind out of their sail. Not trying to hijack the thread on prepping, but I think at least attempting to educating sheep is a part of preparing for the future.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Bought some more salt, rice, beans, corn, Spam, and dog food. I also picked up some flares that were on clearance at Meijer. Not sure what I will use them for, but what can't I use them for?

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Another 100rds of .40 on a whim. Got a mixed fuel backpacking stove coming in tomorrow. Bought some more denatured alcohol for the Trangia. picked up some Spam and Vigo red beans and rice as well. Tried to order more Pmags (at regular price mind you), but they sold out as i was entering payment info...

Mostly I've been picking up small quantities of things to test out and try different things with. After all, the majority of the battle is having the knowledge to use what I've got.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Another 40 lb can for LP...mostly to heat the barn. Made a lot of repairs to vehicles lately.
    Mostly a winter prep...still a prep. Anything that saves resources down the road is a prep.
    Ready to move work indoors for the next 6 weeks. Hope to get the loading room boxed in with
    heat. Also the storage room...then I'd love to get some rounds loaded before warm weather.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ammo supply is at max storage capability.
    Put in more MRE's.
    More water. Never have enough.
    WE have expanded shelf space for food and essentials. I find the wife loves to shop so this is a target for her. Great help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom