Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Both of my "weather" bags are in the tool box on the bed of my truck. The food, I place behind the front seat when I drive the truck and then bring it back in when I get home. (Just enough food to get me home if necessary) (6 - 8 hours max) Water in a cooler usually stays, but is rotated often. I may change the winter boots out. We have to wear boots (or shoes) with cleats on them at work if snow/ice on the ground. (Required)

There are dedicated Get Home Bags in both rigs.
    My Pick up has a small bag as I am usually the only one driving it.
    The Van has a much deeper bag as there might be G-daughters with us depending.
    They are a serious consideration in our plans.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I also have longer term items in the tool box which includes a game cart to haul it all - just in case the truck is disabled. I would probably have to walk home (6 - 8 miles depending on route taken). I wouldn't want to leave my stuff behind.

KoD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Richmond
    I emptied out an edc bag looking for eye drops and didn't put it back together. I literally did the opposite lol. But I did get my Glock cleaned by the better half! That's always important!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Did some ammo inventory today. Finally got everything into some new ammo cans and labeled.

Went through the get home bag and rotated out some of the food stuffs and removed some unneeded items to lighten it up a bit.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Bought a bunch of ammo and wrote all the serial numbers down on my firearms, also reorganized my edc bag. And added some small items, paracord, multi tool, compass, just little things

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    "What I did" was green light my husband to buy a Harley. It's not a good prep, and frankly it's not a good financial decision.

But he does feel compelled to repay me with multiple favors. So I'm finally getting the electronic morning/sunset door put on the duck house. And he's planting 15 trees this weekend. So there's that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    "What I did" was green light my husband to buy a Harley. It's not a good prep, and frankly it's not a good financial decision.

But he does feel compelled to repay me with multiple favors. So I'm finally getting the electronic morning/sunset door put on the duck house. And he's planting 15 trees this weekend. So there's that.

Take it from a "Husband".....it is a good investment...............:)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I need to reduce the weight of my pack I carry with me.
    I need to reduce the weight of the gear I carry on my person too.

It's not easy.

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    13901377_10207342872989285_7016711025213028132_n.jpg 13902694_10207342877509398_6713089105221433067_n.jpg 13900089_10207342873909308_2422602498029404850_n.jpg Mini harvest time. 1st weekend in a long time we had no commitments so we did some harvesting/canning/pickling. The honey was harvested a week ago but it took a while to filter it and bottle it. 1st time I harvested honey. Last year my 1st time, new hive split (but swarmed in a tree 75' away so I recaptured them) and I let both hives keep the honey. This year 1 hive did awesome. I only took pix of the 1st super I pulled. Hands were sticky and I was too into it to think about more pix. 2nd hive got moth wax infestation 2 weeks ago and it is fighting for its life. Did get over 7 gallons of honey from just 1 colony though. Coons ravaged 1st planting of corn. Heavy rains drowned 1st planting of beans but second is coming on now. Potatoes had to fight heavy rains early and no rain for last few weeks. I was harvesting and processing while wife was canning or pickling - was an all day job. All told we put up green beans, beets, pickles, jalapeno peppers, hot/mild pepper rings and sauerkraut. I tried to post pix but it says they are over size limit and I have no idea how to shrink them. Finished off the night with a dip in the hot tub and a bourbon on ice with my lovely wife.

EDIT- Figured out how to post pix.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    But but but but................I need all of that stuff........and this as well......and yeah this to

My latest ravtioalization is "if I leave something I might need behind, I won't be able to go back for it."

Nice. An overlooked resource for fire starting. Took me over a year to collect as much as I wanted.

I lack the discipline to dry all cotton loads. Have you tried using lint with some polyester and polypropylene lint mixed into it?

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Made my first prep related amazon purchase... About 250 dollars with. Everything I bought was in a set of 2 for the wife and I.

Water Purification Tabs
    100gal Water Bobs
    Schrade Ferro Rods
    Bahco Laplander Saws
    Rats Tourniquets
    Israeli Bandgages
    Sawyer Minis
    Berkery Sport Bottles
    Headlamps
    50 1gal Mylar bags with O2 packs
    and a Coleman 5 ft adapter hose for our small grill.

Most of this stuff will be put into our get home bags in the vehicles

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Made my first prep related amazon purchase... About 250 dollars with. Everything I bought was in a set of 2 for the wife and I.

Water Purification Tabs
    100gal Water Bobs
    Schrade Ferro Rods
    Bahco Laplander Saws
    Rats Tourniquets
    Israeli Bandgages
    Sawyer Minis
    Berkery Sport Bottles
    Headlamps
    50 1gal Mylar bags with O2 packs
    and a Coleman 5 ft adapter hose for our small grill.

Most of this stuff will be put into our get home bags in the vehicles

Good show! If haven't done so already, learn how to use all of it before you actually need it. It's easy to make sparks with a ferro rod, but it can be a challenge with poor technique to ignite less than ideal tinder. Israeli bandages are awesome (have at least one with me all the time), but it's good to know how to use it properly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom