• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    What have you guys done to spread the 2nd Amendment to the masses?

Have you brought any newbies, or even anti's, to the range?
    Have you taught anyone the IN carry laws?

What have you done to spread the word and education?

Why haven't you spread the word?

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    Took my wife for her LTCH last week and continue to work on my oldest daughter (6) to get to the range. I want her to get interested, so I don't push too hard and turn her off.

General public push? Not much besides the occasional letter to my state reps about legislation support.

It'll be interetsting to see what folks are doing and possibly dupe some ideas that fit my schedule and style.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    I talk about it openly and proudly. Glad to say I was an instructor at a ladies first time shooters class last weekend and loved it. They all really enjoyed it as well. My mother in law was one of the best shots too.

Firearms and concealed carry are always delicate subjects to some. I show my pride and passion for them and others can't help but be curious.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    OC, Vote, Teach kids how to shoot, take anyone who wants to come to the range, taught wife how to shoot and she now is the proud holder of an Indiana LTCH and carries everyday.

ETA: NRA member too, sent my share of emails, I also answer every political survery that I can.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Had a bunch of anti-gun friends of my fiance's out for a party, them took them all to the woods and [STRIKE]shot, no, no didn't do that[/STRIKE] familiarized them with several handguns and some .22 rifles. Everyone shot, they all ended up having a ball. One lady allowed her sons to bring their hunting rifles home after that and we've taken one to get her LTCH.

I OC mostly and talk about it when asked.

Taught my 12 y/o daughter to shoot (she's an addict for steel with my AR now):rockwoot:

Oh yeah, I have an INGO sticker on my truck !!

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    What have you guys done to spread the 2nd Amendment to the masses?

Have you brought any newbies, or even anti's, to the range?
    Have you taught anyone the IN carry laws?

What have you done to spread the word and education?

Why haven't you spread the word?

I help run a pro-2A website that gets a couple of million hits a month. Maybe you've heard of it. ;)

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I actively encourage every citizen I know to buy "a" firearm and train in its use. More importantly, I send my opinions to lawmakers by pen and by ballot and then encourage others to do the same. Even more importantly, I am an endowment member of the NRA and provide them with funds so that they can do what they do best, but which I cannot personally do--take it to the top.

MAJB Retired

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Took a couple of my son's and a daughter-in-law to the range. Finally found a range that's not that far away where I can shoot handguns and rifles so I can take my kids (wife doesn't like, approve of or even have an idea of my small collection, but she does know I own a few, just not what) to shoot. Oldest daughter is very interested. I also write the local paper and legislators on every issue that comes up involving the 2nd Amendment. And, I didn't vote for "Hope and Change". But I do Hope he's replaces and that the country will Change back to following the Constitution!

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yeah, I used to be a closet gun lover and now look for opportunities to talk guns, gun safety, and have taken half dozen folks to shoot over the last few months.

My daughters are also at an age where they have learned safety and comfort at the range. They are starting to shoot some of my other 22 pistols and rifles, although they still love to shoot the crickett they learned with.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Im still learning about IN carry laws myself but I have been talking to my girlfriend about that.At first she thought that only people in uniform should carry firearms (police and military) and that citizens didnt have the need to do so.
    Being the smart person that she is she changed her mind on the subject after we talked about it and we ended up talking about "OC vs CC".
    She told me that she thought CC would be the best option for me.
    So we started with "Why in hell would you carry a gun unless you were a police officer?!" to "You should carry concealed, people are ignorant on the subject and would get scared if they see you with a gun on your hip".
    I love my girl. :)
    I also took her to a gun store where she helped me pick a handgun by pointing at the ones she found cute.
    "This one is pretty, is it a 9mm?" :D
    She even held a few guns, kept her finger off the trigger and never pointed the gun at anyone in the store.
    I taught her about that before going to the store.
    Next step I want to teach her more about gun safety and take her to the range.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I found out, with the exemple of my girlfriend, that education is the key to understand gun laws and 2A related topics.
    Most of the general public who are not into guns like us are not bad person.They are smart but ignorant when it comes to gun laws.
    Sure you will always find anti-gun people that will never change their mind about the subject no matter how much you explain them stuff.
    They are the one who think that "gun are bads" and that "guns kill people".
    But for the most part the general public just dont know for exemple that it is legal in IN to carry a handgun on your person, either CC or OC, without being a police officer.
    That's why they always ask "Are you a cop?" when they see someone with a gun on their hips.
    Or they just call the police for a "man with a gun".
    If you teach those person that its legal for the most part they understand and agree that its a good thing that makes everybody safer.
    It is for that reason that I support OC.
    I do not think that OC is the best thing to do for me, I just think CC is better in my case.
    But I thank all the people who OC, by doing so they teach the general public about the legallity of firearms carry in IN.
    Even people who CC can spread the good words by talking to friends and family.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Well... other than take new people to the range regularly, and being active on dozens of threads a month on gun-related news stories around the nation... I have a few stories that reach thousands of new readers each month... I haven't posted about them here since I don't want to push my own work but you did ask... :-)

Answers for those who think that "gun control" is the best for America

What YOU can do to help reduce firearm accidents -- The Fundamentals of Gun Safety

Assault Weapons: Evil Black Rifles (or perhaps not)

An Open Letter of Apology to the Good Folk of Illinois From a Hoosier

If you're on Facebook feel free to "like" any of the articles.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I got it tattoo'd <(thats probably not spelled right) on me. I love when people ask what it means and I tell them its the 2nd ammendment. They look at me like im some kind of phsyco, but I tell them its because its part of the constitution and they're trying to take it away, and if they take the 2nd away then they can take any of them away. Then they seem to think a little differently about it.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Yesterday while waiting for a funeral procession to arrive I was having a nice pro-gun chat with the gent from the vault co.. He told me he had been carrying for over 20 years and then went on to talk about his gun of choice and method of carry. When I told him I prefer OWB he got this concerned look and told me I was breaking the law since it was illegal to OC in Indiana. :(

He appeared very surprised and excited when he learned otherwise but I still get the feeling he didn't believe me 100% until he investigated further.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I bring up gun rights and gun ownership as often as I can at work.

I bring it up on Facebook whenever the need arises.

I talk with my wife and kids about 2A

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have talked to a few diff people. Out of the ones I talked to 3 are talking about buying a pistol.

My wife told me last night "It might be worth me getting my permit and taking some classes". I tell her that is a good idea (in side I yelling AWESOME!!!), hard to believe a few years ago I had a fight with the same person over keeping guns in the house. She has come a long way.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I am always trying to do all I can to spread the 2A. I have helped several people get their LTCH, helped many get their first firearm, helped many new shooters get started, help educate anti gunners on the facts, and am always talking guns about 90% of the time :D
    What can I say, I love my guns! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom