• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Most recently a giant Dora beach ball. She will not be doing any more exploring.

hA95E3829

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Nope. I actually just like guns (ARs in particular). I just get sick of people who think killing animals for sport is manly or cool. You can like guns and still not buy into the whole macho animal killing bull****.

Do you eat meat from the store? You do realize that hunting balances the ecosystem and helps keep predator numbers small(ish). And guess what, the deer/yotes/rabbit/squirel/et al weren't hauled in a truck down the road to be slaughtered. They all had a chance to get away.

Farmed animals do not.

I'm sure I'm late to the party in posting this...but I also have one more rhetorical question: ever killed a spider that has not bitten you? Or a bee that has stung no one?

Get off your high horse. :)

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    lost count........I live out in the country and have helped friends with critter problems.

many deer
    a sick cow
    llama
    long horn goat
    several wild dogs
    ducks
    turkey
    injured cat
    several rats
    fox
    rabbits
    tree rats
    rattle snake
    badger
    raccoons
    squirrels
    copper head with a bb gun
    skunks

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Hey, Shudder, you do realize what groundhog / praire dog holes do to horses and cattle if they find their holes, don't you? They're a nuisance animal that can cause other animals to die in great pain from broken legs.

Same goes for coyotes. My cousin had a dozen lambs in his fenced in yard. Three nights later after coyotes got in and reduced them to bloody cotton balls.

When I grew up in Arizona, wild boar (javelina) were a huge problem. People who lived in the suburbs wouldn't let their dogs and cats out at night because the javelina would tear them up.

Reducing nuisance wildlife is just part of being a good steward of our natural resources.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    If you are going to call Indiana home, it more-or-less comes with the territory that animals of all description are going to be shot by humans for a variety of reasons.

I've been a hunter all my life. Squirrel, rabbit, turkey, deer....taken my share of all. We eat them. People who show up at Kroger every week to buy processed chicken, hamburger, etc., have told me for decades how cruel I am. Idiots. I also used to put out a trap line when I was young. Made great money for a HS kid. People wearing fur coats they bought at L.S. Ayres would tell me how cruel that was. Idiots. I also have killed my share of coyotes, groundhogs, etc., that were either attacking our sheep or tearing up our ground. What idiot wouldn't?

The only problem I have is with the losers who go looking for something to kill just to kill it. No purpose....just kill it. I remember a guy I worked with years ago telling me how he and his brother would go into the woods near their house to a creek bed to look for turtles to shoot. When I asked why, he said "because it's fun!" Idiot.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    If they ever resupply 450 Bushmaster uppers I'd love to hunt deer with one. Still got a built lower in the safe just waiting. I have one built up for yote hunting but have yet to make it out there and give it a go.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    AR15 kills, just some pigeons. They were sitting on a berm. They were round and bright orange (pretty weird, huh?). I knew they would never blend well into the ecosystem, so I put them out of their misery.

Aside from kills; there's a man that resides at my brother's range. He doesn't say much, he doesn't have any legs (?), and damn he's annoying. I've shot that A-hole thousands of times, and he just won't die. It's like his skin is made out of AR500 steel or somethin'...

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    All I've killed is a bunch of money (original purchase, ammo, targets, gas to/from the range) and some paper targets. But I'm not complaining...

HARVEYtheDAMNED

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    I once shot a bee at MCF&G with my step-fathers RIA AR in 9MM, it dipped into my sights right as I shot at some steel.

It just sort of... disappeared , obliterated.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    lost count........I live out in the country and have helped friends with critter problems.

many deer
    a sick cow
    llama
    long horn goat
    several wild dogs
    ducks
    turkey
    injured cat
    several rats
    fox
    rabbits
    tree rats
    rattle snake
    badger
    raccoons
    squirrels
    copper head with a bb gun
    skunks

That must've been one dangerous snake...I wonder how it carried it:dunno:

ShootinIron

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Martinsville
    Shot...

Raccoons, and possum’s that try to get the chickens, they make good fun targets. And NO I am not eating them, No I am not a vegetarian, Yes I enjoy shooting them, No I don’t feel bad about it. I also admit to killing some very mean and dangerous tin cans, I hope the poor little things didn’t suffer to much? :):

Top Bottom