• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fourtrax

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Steve Andersons first book. Didn't take much time and the ever decreasing par times work.

After a month or so of this I started scoring on classifiers better and finally made "B" class. I was a 4 year "C" class Open shooter at 58%. Shooting 4 matches a month,.....could not make B.

In fact it worked so well I almost skipped B class and landed in A.

Next things were combinations of classes.

First i I took a class with Chris Keen, I rate this the best class that helped me shoot stages. Don't know if Chris is still doing these but he put a camera on my head and I shot a match with him. So for one match every stage was video taped and I got to pick the brains of a true GM, THIS WAS HUGE. WE BOTH GOT COPIES AND after he broke each stage down he gave me a phone call. This call lasted about 3 hours. It was eye opening.

Second i took Steve Andersons DRYFIRE class. Let me say that 3 of us went in December and all 3 of us made Master the following season.

So, there is no magic pill. You got to do the work. But getting help and paying for it can short circuit the process. Still got to do the work, but you aren't wasting time on superfluous stuff.

I went to Anderson as an "A" class open shooter with over 7 years of experience and the ability to hold my own against my competition and podium at almost any local I went to. He schooled me and taught me some stuff. Invaluable.

You got to be willing to admit you simply don't know. Then be humble enough to accept it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom