• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Rockville Jr./Sr. High School, class of `91, and if the whole school corporation were to catch fire and burn to the ground, I wouldn't shed a single tear. Of course, that place last had an opportunity to torment me for no good reason over 20 years ago, at this point, it might just be irrational bitterness.

Wow, was Savio's biology class that bad? There were a lot of things (and people) at RHS that made me want to slam my head in my locker, but I can't say it was entirely miserable. Maybe your class had a different dynamic than mine did, though. :dunno:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wow, was Savio's biology class that bad?
    Yes it was, but that's neither here nor there. For context for everyone else, Mr. Savio, the biology teacher was so old, he taught my MOTHER back in the day. Also, woe be to the students who found themselves walking behind the man in the hallway. He spent every break in the boiler room smoking up a storm. So much so that his sport coat reeked of smoke. The man walked around in a perpetual cloud of cigarette stench.
    There were a lot of things (and people) at RHS that made me want to slam my head in my locker,
    Funny you should mention having one's head slammed into furniture on school grounds. I found that to be a remarkably frequent event in school life.
    but I can't say it was entirely miserable. Maybe your class had a different dynamic than mine did, though. :dunno:
    Odd. Most of my problems came from upper-classmen.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Yes it was, but that's neither here nor there. For context for everyone else, Mr. Savio, the biology teacher was so old, he taught my MOTHER back in the day. Also, woe be to the students who found themselves walking behind the man in the hallway. He spent every break in the boiler room smoking up a storm. So much so that his sport coat reeked of smoke. The man walked around in a perpetual cloud of cigarette stench.
    Hah! My dad also sat thru Sav's droning. Did you ever have the opportunity to actually enter the boiler room? I did, once, and I imagine one could get the same effect by licking an old ashtray (this from a guy who smoked for 15yrs after highschool).
    Funny you should mention having one's head slammed into furniture on school grounds. I found that to be a remarkably frequent event in school life.
    Odd. Most of my problems came from upper-classmen.
    Sucks that you had to deal with ****-heads. There were more than a few. Fortunately, I was able to live in that zone where I didn't receive crap from anyone. For the record, I dished no crap either.

code_red

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    East Side Indy
    Shelbyville Senior High 2002. I graduated the year there was a huge Histoplasmosis break out. I didn't get sick from it, but many of my friends did. I had as few a 6 other students in some of my classes before they decided to close down the school for 2 weeks for cleaning.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hah! My dad also sat thru Sav's droning. Did you ever have the opportunity to actually enter the boiler room? I did, once, and I imagine one could get the same effect by licking an old ashtray (this from a guy who smoked for 15yrs after highschool).

Sucks that you had to deal with ****-heads. There were more than a few. Fortunately, I was able to live in that zone where I didn't receive crap from anyone. For the record, I dished no crap either.
    Before joining INGO, I had heard your name relatively frequently before my escape from Parke Co. in 1991 because you were tight with my cousin Bill. Other than that, I couldn't say with any confidence that we were ever in the same room with one another, so by no means was I implying that you were one of the upper-classmen giving me grief. Just to be clear.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Before joining INGO, I had heard your name relatively frequently before my escape from Parke Co. in 1991 because you were tight with my cousin Bill. Other than that, I couldn't say with any confidence that we were ever in the same room with one another, so by no means was I implying that you were one of the upper-classmen giving me grief. Just to be clear.

:yesway: understood, wasn't taking it that way. Unless you're a blue hair or have some trade that lets you hang out your own shingle (Dr., Lawyer, etc), not much in Rock-tucky. Don't blame you for running like hell, although stopping in Terrible Haute is a bit questionable.

Top Bottom