• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    This weekend we had a small group get together to shoot some stuff.... had a great time. Here's what I learned from it:

1.) I ****ing LOVE 1911's. Mine, others... don't care. They are, to me, God's gift to handguns.

2.) I don't like AR's. Nothing wrong with them, but there are just some things I don't like and I don't feel it's the right rifle for me.

3.) GSG-5 with red-dot is absolutely awesome.

4.) I miss my old AK. Nothing quite the same as the sound, feel and action of one.

5.) .22's are still relevant and fun.

6.) ballistics glass is hella-fun to shoot. OVer and over and over.

7.) .38spl revolvers are still fun. WHy is .38 so expensive to buy? So sad.

8.) 7 1/2 birdshot from my chopped down mossy WILL blast a hole into a 30 year old steel fridge.

And a couple pics:

DSC_0591.jpg

DSC_0614.jpg

DSC_0618.jpg

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Oh... and one other thing I learned this weekend:

9.) I can still shoot the **** out of clays with my 19" cut down 500. 15 clays, 13 kills, i miss and one that I nicked.

zenbruno

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Haha, that old shot-up fridge reminds me of the old Atterbury, back when you could still shoot major appliances… or at least small microwaves and TVs. :)

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Thinking about retiring a fridge myself, and my mom's been making noise about disposing her freezer, even though it's perfectly good.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Looks like a heck of a great time!! <--------jealous!! yeah...where did you get the glass? Ballistic glass R us?

Last edited:

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    The glass was brought in for "scientific testing". One of the guys on the local car forum works for a company that drives large armored trucks. This glas came in on the truck cracked, so they replaced it. We shot one round at a time into it starting with a .22LR, .32S&W, .380, .38spl, 9mm, .40, 45ACP +P, .223Rem and ending with 7.62x39.

After the testing was completed, it was time to literally unload. An AR and AK unloaded 2 30-rd mags into it, while I unloaded all 6 of my mags through the .45 at the same time. No rounds penetrated. In fact, it was about 200 rounds into it that it allowed the first bullet through.... and it literally fell out the back side.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    In fact, it was about 200 rounds into it that it allowed the first bullet through.... and it literally fell out the back side.

Did the rest of the rounds get trapped (where the glass looks bumpy), or was there a little pile of lead in front of it, indicating they hit & fell? Were there ricochets?

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    there was also 2 cases of bad soda that died a horrific death. Hopefully one of the videos of our double fisted pistola action will surface.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Did the rest of the rounds get trapped (where the glass looks bumpy), or was there a little pile of lead in front of it, indicating they hit & fell? Were there ricochets?

The first 100 or so rounds literally disintegrated into the glass. The glass absorbed 100% of the bullets kinetic energy and you could see lead and copper "dust" at the site of impact on most of the rounds. As time progressed and we started pumping more and more rounds into it the bullets started to stay intact but would be lodged into it and finally the last few were falling out on the back side.

Let me say, I would have NO qualms about bputting my life on the line behind one of those. I think the glass itself took close to 500-600 direct hits and still held it's overall shape.

Top Bottom