• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oni7734

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Speedway
    So I went by Brickers in Brownsburg for lunch and this is what I saw... Apparently the winner of the Indy 500 gets one each year. Dario Franchitti's motor home driver brought it in... Very cool.
    mail
    mail
    mail
    mail
    mail
    mail
    mail
    mail

Oni7734

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Speedway
    Apparently the pictures take a minute to load... Every year the winner of the 500 gets a rifle. I attached pics but they're huge and have to be re-sized.

It's a Henry Repeater, .45. Has some very cool engravings on it.

Sorry if they don't load for you... Try this link... Just click older or newer to cycle through them.

IMAG0072 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Apparently the pictures take a minute to load... Every year the winner of the 500 gets a rifle. I attached pics but they're huge and have to be re-sized.

It's a Henry Repeater, .45. Has some very cool engravings on it.

Sorry if they don't load for you... Try this link... Just click older or newer to cycle through them.

IMAG0072 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    AHHH! So it was some type of long gun! Well...what did I win for guessing correctly?:D

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    im not into those fancy shmancy guns. maybe if I was a rich old bastard and had every other gun I wanted, then I would start to line my walls with guns like that. but I dont see that happening in the near future. Id be happier living in a log cabin or a cave than a mansion.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    It's too fancy for my taste as well, but it's cool that the winner is given a rifle anyway.

I wonder why there is an etching of a Nascar on it??:dunno::dunno:

You'd think it would be of the winner's indy car or something??

auguns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Just to bring everyone up to speed, The rifle described is the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Centennial rifle. This was an edition of 102 pieces, including 1 "winner" rifle, 1 "Museum" rifle (on display in the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame Museum) and 100 numbered pieces.....to go with the Centennial of the track.

The "Indy 500 Centennial Rifle" has just been released. Same edition size and again, one will be given to the winner of the 2011 Indy 500 and one will be given to the museum. The numbered pieces will be sold on an "as ordered" basis, allowing the customer to select the edition number they desire, provided the number is still available.

vietboy1st

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Boston, MAss
    i am not a fan of old school fire arms but it is a shinny once there. Perfect to hang them on a wall... But what is the point for watching race cars driving in a circle ? I like European racing than American Nascar.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    i am not a fan of old school fire arms but it is a shinny once there. Perfect to hang them on a wall... But what is the point for watching race cars driving in a circle ? I like European racing than American Nascar.
    I'm not a NASCAR fan, but I'm guessing you won't be getting rid of those red bars by cracking on it around here.;)

auguns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    This is the "Indianapolis Motor Speedway Centennial" rifle, and part of the history of the track is the "Brickyard 400". Youll also note an image of a motorcycle race as well....the first motorized race at IMS.

auguns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    IMS Rifle is a based on a Henry "Big Boy" and is a 45 LC. All work was done by A&A Engraving.

Top Bottom