• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    I hate to tell you JMB worshippers this.....but Glocks and 1911's have been having sex lately. I have proof:

The love child. They named him Wilson. Gaston denies paternity, but well.....just look at it. The DNA is unmistakable. :)

WilsonCombatPoly1911-2.jpg

WilsonCombatPoly1911.jpg

Well, at least maybe it works more than 60% of the time, 100% of the time? :):

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    The Wilson notwithstanding,
    A Glock made 1911 is just wrong. It's like an American flag made in China. The 1911 is THE iconic American Pistol. As such, it must be American made by an American company. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind foreign products. I owned a Glock, a Steyr, and HK, A Sig, one of my race bikes is Austrian, my other bike is a Brit. But not a 1911. I can't even buy a Springfield 1911 because I know the frames are made by Imbel in Brazil.

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    The Wilson notwithstanding,
    A Glock made 1911 is just wrong. It's like an American flag made in China. The 1911 is THE iconic American Pistol. As such, it must be American made by an American company. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind foreign products. I owned a Glock, a Steyr, and HK, A Sig, one of my race bikes is Austrian, my other bike is a Brit. But not a 1911. I can't even buy a Springfield 1911 because I know the frames are made by Imbel in Brazil.

I wouldn't mind a Rock Island. At least they are made by our old WWII allies. I'm sure there were more than a few Japanese that met their demise at the bark of a Phillipino guerilla's 1911. Other than that, I'll have a Colt if I ever decide to buy another 1911. (I have an old, worn out WWI frame 1911) Anything else, besides a surplus piece, is just a knockoff.

Curtmac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Richmond, IN
    I'd rather have a Chevy Mustang.

Have a buddy that had one of those. 86 fox body built almost as far as you could build a 5.0 without ripping the block in half (becomes a risk over 500 hp) he had mostly chevy internals with exceptions of cams and such. he launched it a 7k and the chevy valve retainer snapped and pretzeled the valve. Now it's sitting while all the internals can be replaced with ford racing stuff and the world can be set right again.

If Glock would make a true 1911... it would either be great or a flop. Glock's greatest thing is it's simplicity and the reliability that comes with that. If they were somehow able to create a 1911 with glock reliability in the glock price range (pretty much a wilson, or dan wessen) I believe it would take the market by storm, make colt start focusing more on the private market, and would make all the other several hundred 1911 manufactures increase quility and decrease price to compete. Wilson's makes a great gun, but come on 2k plus when I can have that relibility for around the $600 +/- mark. I am looking to buy a 1911, and would love to have an american gun, but most american built 1911s jump off the shelf as soon as they arrive and most of them are now built elsewhere.

punker39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    north west side indianapolis
    glock 1911

well their are a few 1911 manufactures that make polymer frames, this is true but to see a model 1911 with the words GLOCK made in austria on the side of the slide and frame, would be unreal. babies would cry, but i dont think that glock would attempt messing with american heritage and perfection just to make a failed attempt

Top Bottom