• ...and so much more!
  • Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    This is a "What if"..

Say the government decides to ban assault rifles for a period of 5 years. Say for instance you owned an AK. Would you have to get rid of the AK? What would you do with it? Or, is it once you already own one you can keep it but will be unable to purchase or sell one for that period of 5 years?

Just something that came to me. Now I know many of you are going to respond by saying "F*** the government, I'm still keeping mine". I'm asking those that want to play by the rules :D

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    This is a "What if"..

Say the government decides to ban assault rifles for a period of 5 years. Say for instance you owned an AK. Would you have to get rid of the AK? What would you do with it? Or, is it once you already own one you can keep it but will be unable to purchase or sell one for that period of 5 years?

Just something that came to me. Now I know many of you are going to respond by saying "F*** the government, I'm still keeping mine". I'm asking those that want to play by the rules :D

I would have to tell the GOVERNMENT, that when you & I went fishing, your boat capsized & we lost every gun we own;)

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    Usually a gun ban is on the import or manufacture of a certain type of firearm. So I don't think they would have you turn in your rifle. But if they did, as the others have said, "What gun?" would be my response.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    At some point they will make an effort to confiscate our guns. Not just the Assult or military type but all.
    At that point you really have a SHTF moment.
    there are few reasons I will ever say this but " When they pry it from my cold dead hands" is appropriate here.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Usually a gun ban is on the import or manufacture of a certain type of firearm. So I don't think they would have you turn in your rifle. But if they did, as the others have said, "What gun?" would be my response.

That didn't happen in NEW ORLEANS when KATRINA hit:xmad:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Hopefully they would "Grandfather" those already in posession of the public and ban further production and importation. If they just did a total ban like England or Australia by the time they got to my house mine would be long gone. Plus if anything like that were to ever happen I think there would be much more serious things to worry about in this country. Yamamoto had it right!

Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Funny you should mention that. Rep. Delaney introduced an amendment to SB506 last week that would have banned standard-capacity magazines and feeding devices with no grandfather clause. To quote another member from that thread, here's how they planned to enforce it:
    Rep Eberhart (I think that was him again never seen/heard him before) whipped that butt of DeLaney! Love the part about "How are we going to collect all those illegal 10+ magazines". & DeLaney said just keep it at your house. Of which Eberhart says won't that still be illegal? & DeLaney looks like a deer looking at the oncoming car headlights. :rolleyes::laugh:

"Just keep <that illegal magazine> at your house." Hide it and hope you don't get caught. That was his plan. :rolleyes:

The amendment was defeated, by the way.

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    At some point they will make an effort to confiscate our guns. Not just the Assult or military type but all.
    At that point you really have a SHTF moment.
    there are few reasons I will ever say this but " When they pry it from my cold dead hands" is appropriate here.

:ar15:

Barbecue

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”

^This. I hope nobody's dumb enough to try it.

Staying on topic, one would think they would be Grandfathered in and wouldn't try to make people turn them in. I don't think the latter would work well.

Top Bottom