What if we didn't really live in a free country?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    When the govt can open and read your mail without a search warrant, pick you up off the street and hold you forever without due process by just SAYING your linked to terrorists, and never have to charge you or give you access to legal counsel, search you anywhere without just cause...the list goes on...I don't think your free.........do you????

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well done. People really are blind to what the government does, sadly. Many only care about what they are given by the state, rather than what the state takes from them.

JFrost

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    Very well done. As clear and straight forward as it appears I believe it is still to obtuse for the majority to grasp. I work with some very bright people and they actively support some government actions such as the expansion of the HMS. This 'protection and care' campaign the government is currently on is welcome by many with open arms, and it is this passivity that will bring about the end of the American dream.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    If you didn't really live in a free country government officials would have come by and picked you and your family up and fed you to the tigers long ago.

What you really want is a state of anarchy. We never have, currently don't and won't ever live there, unless and until SHTF.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I recently spent some time in a totalitarian state. I'm seeing less and less difference between there and here.

As a society we simply lost it after 9/11, and gave up being Americans for being "protected" by the federal government. That and the "War on Drugs". Too many powers to the government, too many rights surrendered.

For starters, how about we cut the DHS and TSA? That and the courts need to firm up, and not further erode, the 4th Amendment.

One place where voting will make a difference, start paying attention to judicial elections. And vote out the judges who don't protect citizen rights. The courts can have an impact, if the people hold the judges responsible.

Top Bottom