• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnflaherty1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    logansport
    What if you are in a restaurant and you are openly carrying and there is no signs saying you cant. Can the manager of the restaurant tell you to leave your gun in the car or you wont get served? because they are telling you it is the store rules that only police officers can carry in the restaurant but yet again there is no signs in the window saying you cant.

Last edited:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    That exact thing happened to me a couple years ago at Wings, Etc. in South Bend. I was OC'ing and there were no signs. The short version...I was told to take it to my car or leave. Now I go there and just conceal it, and they have no idea.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The manager of the restaurant can ask you to leave for any reason he wants. He can ask you to leave if he doesn't like your shoelaces. Seriously. And it's trespassing if you refuse.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Most restaurants have a notice somewhere with the words "We Reserve the Right to Refuse Service to Anyone" and that covers them for any situation. As said if you refuse their request you can be cited for trespass.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    IIRC, they are suppose to have signs saying that guns/weapons "aren't permitted" but as already stated, they can ask you to leave for any and no reason at all regardless if you have a sign or not.

Obviously, if they have that big of a problem with my firearm there, then my hard earned money won't be spent there.

down3green

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Brown County
    That exact thing happened to me a couple years ago at Wings, Etc. in South Bend. I was OC'ing and there were no signs. The short version...I was told to take it to my car or leave. Now I go there and just conceal it, and they have no idea.

After that, I'd go somewhere else to get my wings . . .

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Yep. If I was told to shut up or leave, they'd have to be some MIGHTY tasty wings for me to ever return and eat them in silence.

You have aparently never had wings from Wings, Etc. Buffalo Wild Wings, or anyone else for that matter, doesnt even come close. They are, in a word, ADICTING.

Also, they are independently owned franchises, and there are several others in the area that I can go to, and have never been hassled. It was just that one. :xmad:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I see. My bar to exceed is merely the mango habanero wings from BDubs.

I'll find a Wings Etc. and OC there as soon as possible. :D

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    IIRC, they are suppose to have signs saying that guns/weapons "aren't permitted" but as already stated, they can ask you to leave for any and no reason at all regardless if you have a sign or not.

There is no requirement at all that they post a sign. They can if they want but it really wouldn't make much of a difference. They would still have to ask you to leave.

kan915

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    Allen County
    I would not open OC reguardles. The BG not knowing I'm armed is an element of surprise I would not wish to give up until I feel the time has come to engage. I cant get passed the idea the BG sees mine before I see him, or his. That idea just bothers me a tad. I'm sure there are good reasons to OC, but havent come across one for myself yet.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I would not open OC reguardles. The BG not knowing I'm armed is an element of surprise I would not wish to give up until I feel the time has come to engage. I cant get passed the idea the BG sees mine before I see him, or his. That idea just bothers me a tad. I'm sure there are good reasons to OC, but havent come across one for myself yet.

Deterrence. A criminal is less likely to do his evil when he knows someone is there that can stop him. You are much less likely to be individually targeted because you can fight back. Also, its much more comfortable (IMO) and is almost always easier to draw from (no pushing cover garments out of the way. Not saying CC is hard to draw from, just not as easy)

Everyone has their preference and just remember that. This topic comes up a lot, so there are several other threads to have this discussion in, no need to bring it in to another thread. If someone is talking about OCing and you have no experience or its not your thing, just play "What if I did actually OC" or just leave it be. The important thing is YOU know what is best for you, and I know what is best for me (and the OP knows what is best for him, etc).

Oh, welcome to INGO! :ingo:

Top Bottom