• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I just bought an ipad 2 today and I'm looking for a case for it now. I have an otterbox defender for my iphone 4 and love it. I was planning on getting the otterbox defender for the ipad 2 and from reading the reviews, it sounds like it's poorly made.

I'm wondering if I should get it or go with some sort of folder instead. I do want a screen cover to protect the glass. Do any of the cases come with a screen cover like the otterbox defenders for the iphone 4? It doesn't look like the otterbox ipad case does.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    i have the otter box for my iPad 1 and it's awesome, so unless they dropped in quality control or something, i can't imagine that the iPad2 case is that much different. The neat thing about the iPad case is that the screen cover becomes the stand and it holds up to shock well. I've taking my iPad to trainings and have drop kicked it across the room accidentally without issue. It fits in my county comm bag without problems either.

If i didn't have the otter box i'd probably go with this
    Hazard 4 - Launch_Pad Ipad Mil-Spec Sleeve Page

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I've had otter boxes for my iPhone 3G and 4g and they've been great. The reviews I've read on the iPad case say the iPad 1 case is great but the iPad 2 case is cheaply made. I may go ahead and go with the otter box as it won't be taking the abuse my iPhone does. I wouldn't have an iPhone without an otter box. I carry it in my back pocket and lay on it crawling around at work. 3 years and 2 iPhones, I haven't broke one yet. KNOCK ON WOOD!

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I just have one of the smart cases from Apple. I'll probably get a nice bluetooth leather case in a few months for the winter time however this one does fine for now.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    i just checked the reviews on the otter box for the 2 and i can't find a negative one, where are you getting the bad reviews from? I'm not saying they don't exist i just can't find them. The only issue i have with my gen 1 is that you have to remove a piece to charge or hook it up to the computer. Not that big of a deal, but it's one extra step.

Top Bottom