What is a good current price on ak-74 bakelites?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOVindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2015
    Carmel
    Howdy Y'all. Like the title says, I'm wondering what the average prices are for ak-74 bakelites in both 45 round and 30 round capacities. I've been thinking about picking a few up and wanted to know where they might be cheapest, or if they're scarce enough that people will seriously upcharge them. On a related note, does anyone know if the green "border crossing" mags or furniture sets ever show up and what they might cost? Thank you for your time. -Ben

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Russian 30 rounders tend to be in the $40ish range, 45 rounders in the $60ish range. Slightly less for the E German stuff. Aim Surplus is probably the best place I know of to find them, with the exception of the classifieds section on AK Files.

BOVindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2015
    Carmel
    Is it possible/legal to import them from other countries? I've heard mixed messages, some say it's easy as pie, other say that you need to ship the body and internals separately, and yet others still say that you need to fill out forms with the ATF and that it is a nightmare. Thank you for your time. -Ben

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Is it possible/legal to import them from other countries? I've heard mixed messages, some say it's easy as pie, other say that you need to ship the body and internals separately, and yet others still say that you need to fill out forms with the ATF and that it is a nightmare. Thank you for your time. -Ben

I'm honestly not sure. Being into AKs, getting cool stuff for them has always been a little shifty, haha. I've bought a lot of stuff from Eastern Europe and Russian via eBay, Gunbroker, AK Files, etc....., and have yet to have a problem. Might be different if you are a vendor and buying a shipping container at a time of them.

Another place to check is the Indy 1500. One vendor comes to mind (can't for the life of me remember his name), but he always has a large selection of them and is a really nice guy to work with.

Top Bottom