• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    Shall not be infringed" means just that. I should not need a government permission slip, nor pay a tax to own a Canon or an automatic weapon or any other arm.
    Not to hijack the thread but this is an interesting question. How do we define an 'arm'? Is it limited to something one person can carry alone? A cannon?
    Can my crazy neighbor and his drinking buddies obtain a howitzer and leave it parked in his front yard aimed at city hall?
    Can a rich guy buy a suitcase nuke and leave it in his basement 'just in case he needs it'?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Anything that gun control groups want is “reasonable” or “responsible”

Oh…you can surely agree that 1 round magazines are reasonable!…and responsible gun owners this assault weapons should be banned!

Stengun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2024
    Horseheads
    Self preservation is in our dna. Even the criminals know this and practice this.

Fundamental of Natural law so it is undermined by those that want power at every chance.

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    I feel like the laws need a hard reset. Too many useless regulations are in place. Instead of passing laws that only affect the law abiding-we need tougher penalties for gun crimes. We need to actually prosecute offenders. Once that has been in place, we can evaluate and pass gun laws that may actually help the people as a whole.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Years ago Richmond Va. had a program, Operation Exile, that actually prosecuted persons using guns in crimes. If I remember right, it worked well, but I forget why it was stopped. I suspect it was because the democrats base was being incarcerated, and that couldn't stand..

I Googled it, and it is still in effect, but seems to have lost momentum, and was actually opposed by some pro-gun groups. The program gave federal charges to gun crimes, and violent felons possessing guns....

Last edited:

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What is a reasonable gun law? What is reasonable to you may not be to me. Majority thinking does not make it reasonable. Gun safety and use should be started in school! I don't know what age would be the best to start but we need to start in school teaching a firearm is a tool not something to fear. I ment a grade school teacher that was so against guns that it was very hard to not shake her till some since came to her. I then realized what each thought was reasonable was a 180 apart.

Sorry for the rant!!!
    It should be against the law to STEAL THEM.

JTKelly

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Should be a law that All Children are to learn Firearms Safety in grade school.
    Should be a law that ALL Adults are to learn Firearms Safety when they Register to Vote...Bill.
    Ah, no.

Lets try this.
    All Children are to learn Firearms Safety in grade school.
    ALL Adults should have learned Firearms Safety in grade school.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Any law infringing on gun ownership is against the 2nd amendment.

On education, children should be educated on proper use of guns. That education should include the absolute sanctity of life. After children understand the permanent consequences of misuse of firearms, they should be taught by responsible people how to wield them.

Lucar186

Threat to Democracy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2024
    Auburn
    What is a reasonable gun law? What is reasonable to you may not be to me. Majority thinking does not make it reasonable. Gun safety and use should be started in school! I don't know what age would be the best to start but we need to start in school teaching a firearm is a tool not something to fear. I ment a grade school teacher that was so against guns that it was very hard to not shake her till some since came to her. I then realized what each thought was reasonable was a 180 apart.

Sorry for the rant!!!
    I’d support having the national guard offer training courses for citizens and offering trials of different types of common firearms so they know what they use best. I could get behind my tax dollars going to something like that.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I’d support having the national guard offer training courses for citizens and offering trials of different types of common firearms so they know what they use best. I could get behind my tax dollars going to something like that.
    No thank you.
    You think the national guard knows best?
    You think the national guard wants or has time for that burden?
    It'd turn into the worst gov't controlled most inefficient possible way to train people. Except for the making the list part, that would be very efficient for them.
    That's all just bigger gov't.

That's also no different than most police aren't really gun guys. National Guardsmen might be warriors, but that doesn't make them trainers.

Besides that, a short course like that just leads to overconfidence, no different than bubba who is a perfeshunal because his daddy had some rifles.

Private sector FTW.

Lucar186

Threat to Democracy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2024
    Auburn
    No thank you.
    You think the national guard knows best?
    You think the national guard wants or has time for that burden?
    It'd turn into the worst gov't controlled most inefficient possible way to train people. Except for the making the list part, that would be very efficient for them.
    That's all just bigger gov't.

That's also no different than most police aren't really gun guys. National Guardsmen might be warriors, but that doesn't make them trainers.

Besides that, a short course like that just leads to overconfidence, no different than bubba who is a perfeshunal because his daddy had some rifles.

Private sector FTW.
    I’m not too attached to the details but I’m thinking if the government wants to be involved in guns so bad it might as well be in service to gun owners instead of the crap they’re pulling now.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    It should start with all kids between 4-9 y.o. getting the Eddie Eagle (or similar) program. Teach it alongside the 'Stranger Danger' programs. It teaches kids what to do if they find a gun: Stop, Don't Touch, Run Away, Tell a Grown-up.

Even the most Rabid anti-gun parent should be able to recognize the sense of this (but of course they don't).
    Agree with what you're saying, but it really should start much younger in the home. When do we teach our kids not to touch a hot stove, or stick objects in an electrical outlet? This should be taught when they are old enough to be mobile.

Kids are naturally curious. When they find something they are unfamiliar with, they want to investigate to check out what it is. This also applies to guns. I have 4 grown kids. I always had a gun on the nightstand plus several others that were ready to use. From the time they were walking, I would tell them "don't touch". If they wanted to see one of daddy's guns they could ask, and I would make it safe and show them - while teaching them the 4 rules. By the time they were 4-5 years old they weren't even asking anymore.

But you are correct, education is key. Sadly, the vast majority of parents have farmed out their child's education to the government and are no longer involved in training their own children.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    A reasonable gun law should be a federal mandate that all schools must include a firearms safety and basic education course.

There is no excuse for this to not already be the case in a country with gun rights, and over 400 million guns in citizens' hands. It's pure negligence that this isn't the case.

Ideally, at a later age, it should also be informing them of safe carry practices, proper holsters, proper trainers, and a general overview of what carry laws in their state are.

The fastest way to squash an irrational fear is through education. And yeah ideally this shouldn't need to be a subject in school, this should be something learned at home. But wishful idealism doesn't make it so.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Every year people are killed by guns, therefore we need gun control laws.
    Every year people are killed by cars, baseball bats, knives, poisons, stupidity, cigarette smoking, alcohol, eating, fires, water, boats, trucks, rock slides, trees, airplane crashes, chain saws, garage doors, car seats, seat belts, electricity, COVID shots, wives, husbands, parents, children, neighbors, police, FBI, ATF, ICE, and way more than I have time to think of. I propose the only way to a truly safe society is to BAN EVERYTHING. JB and the demtards are trying.

Top Bottom