• Which is better?

• Total voters

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Glock, hands down. Functionality, ease of field stripping (Beretta 92fs or 96 are the only ones that I know of that is easier), accessories, fewer parts to the gun, ability to change calibers with a drop in barrel and mags (G23 to 9mm to 357 sig, with appropriate mags all in one gun. Just one example), if your mechanical inclined you can full service your Glock yourself, parts are not fitted (that knocks out the 1911's), few tools are needed, a very low bore axis ratio (that knocks out most European guns like Sigs, HKs, etc.), you can buy extended barrels to add a silencer, used by a lot of militaries around the world, and I have big hands (hence the Glocks and Berettas).

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Glocks;

More reliable/proven.
    The original.
    Better customer service.
    Easier to work on. ANYONE CAN FIX A GLOCK
    More accessories.
    More parts.
    Easier to maintain.
    High CAP mags that RUNNNNNNN, you can bet your life on them.

So why am I buying a M&P? Ohh thats right they "look" better.

Now where did I put that Shield that I need to send back for the third time for service/recall work......

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Glock...and I've owned ten (10) of them! While M&P makes a nice pistol...my wife recently switched from a Gen 2 G-19 to a Springfield XDm 3.8 in 9mm...which I hvae to admit is a great shooting pistol! I'm torn between an XDm 3.8 in .45 acp or the new Glock 30s...both of which feel pretty darn good in my hand! Sorry M&P...

In my opinion, the two of the greatest designs ever to impact the handgun world was John Browning's 1911 pistol, an absolutely fantastic design, and Gaston Glock's Glock pistols...which revolutionized handgun design!

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Tried the M+P in both full size 9mm and .40, love the feel and looks and seems to point naturally, had some FTF's with the .40 as well as the slide rusting which I know has been fixed.

The Glock is the ugliest weapon ever invented and feels like you are holding a brick and feels like you are aiming high, that is the cool part as that brick shoots on target every single time, not a better weapon ever invented and the Gen 3.5 is pure heaven! Glock FTW!

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I owned the XD45 for over a year and a half and shot it a lot. I loved it but it just never felt right for me. I tried a buddies Glock 22 and instantly new I had to have one. I traded my XD45 for a Glock 22 and absolutely love it. Its a bit more comfortable to me then the XD and a love its accuracy. Both are excellent guns but I prefer my G-Lock.

I have yet to shoot an M&P but they are very comfortable to hold.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    This thread has been revived after 5 months. In that time I have had a chance to work more with the M&P platform. I can say with more confidence that the generation 3 Glock is the better choice.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Dont shoot lead rounds, and beauty is in the eye of the beholster!!! get it? Beholder, but i typed "beholster" as in gun holster? !!!! lead is bad for animals i hear! good times

Top Bottom