• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    Just kind of a feeler. What do you guys expect to come from all of this "Assault weapon" ban talk. Mags are sold out everywhere, so is mag capacity going to be the main focus? I was too young to remember the last ban, so I'm not sure what to expect here. Looking to some of you senior guys that have seen all the BS before.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Whichever way it goes, I am expecting an all or nothing compromise-free outcome. It will either go a way or else we will find out how many people who said 'they will pry my gun out of my cold dead fingers' really meant it. I really don't expect either side to give an inch, therefore no repeat of the '94 AWB.

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    I Think there could be an executive order for background checks to be MUCH MUCH MUCH more thorough (Slowing down FFL sales to a crawl). The Dems will submit a bill with a list of Assault weapons to be banned, proposals to limit magazine capacity to 10 rounds or less, some sort of increased background screening, a proposal to make illegal the transfer of any fiream between individuals without a background check done by an FFL and a request for funding to start some sort of feel-good PR campaign that tries to further demonize guns and gun owners. I think the Republicans will stall long enough to determine what they might survive going along with and then, depending on how threatend they feel; our rights will be further infringed or not.

Last edited:

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    nothing.

but i didnt expect obamacare to be upheld either.

although i hope you are correct by saying "nothing will come of this"
    but if you're not doing your part to make sure nothing comes of it, I sure hope you wake up soon and step up to the plate!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My sense is there are too many people that are ok with "something" happening. The quicker they get something on the floors of congress for approval, the more likely that something will get passed. At this time, I'd say the "high capacity magazine" will one of the most likely aspects included in "the bill". They'll put some other crap in there about mental health, helping schools, etc. But in the name of coming together, reaching across the aisle, for common sense....blah, blah, blah, there'll have to be a pound of flesh rendered up.

Now, if we can some how kick this gun control can down the road long enough, we may just be able to outlast the emotions of the Sandy Hook massacre.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Whichever way it goes, I am expecting an all or nothing compromise-free outcome. It will either go a way or else we will find out how many people who said 'they will pry my gun out of my cold dead fingers' really meant it. I really don't expect either side to give an inch, therefore no repeat of the '94 AWB.

I agree IndyDave! Hopefully they are hearing all of our voices and will go with the nothing side of things..........holding breath!

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville

Respectfully disagree. I think the anti-gun nuts know they don't have the support for a major ban. They are going to pass (if anything) a minimal bill that pays lip-service to the uneducated and uninformed public. They will (rightly) focus on mental health and possibly the NICS process. I could be wrong...

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    although i hope you are correct by saying "nothing will come of this"
    but if you're not doing your part to make sure nothing comes of it, I sure hope you wake up soon and step up to the plate!

absolutely.

Joined the NRA (haven't received anything from them yet) and have been emailing elected officials furiously.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Respectfully disagree. I think the anti-gun nuts know they don't have the support for a major ban. They are going to pass (if anything) a minimal bill that pays lip-service to the uneducated and uninformed public. They will (rightly) focus on mental health and possibly the NICS process. I could be wrong...

This is the fun of speculating. In the end it is nothing but an educated wild guess! It would fly without any trouble if they stay on mental health and probably not too much resistance to refining the NICS, but then again, that could raise enough distrust about what they may start prying into to be a non-starter.

senork

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I think NotAVictim646 has pretty well stated the outcome. I too, think there will be an emphasis on background checks, possibly requiring all transfers to go through a FFL. Very sad that if that happens, a person cannot transfer by whatever means, (sale, gift, inheritance) a legally owned firearm without more govt interference.

Top Bottom