What is proper BC (Bathroom Carry) Etiquette?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    What is proper etiquette while carrying OC or CC and using the bathroom? Do you remove your holster? Set it on the floor? Unholster? Keep it holstered and just hold your pants up? What are the differences in BC'ing at home, in a semi private public bathroom, and in a large multi stall (the one where you can see the bottom of the stall next to you) bathroom?

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    I guess it depends on the holster. Depending on the type, you might be able to hang it on the hook provided for your coat.

If you put it on the floor, make sure it goes between your feet. I could just imagine someone in the next stall snatching up your pistol and running out. Talk about getting caught with your pants down.

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    Check all the stalls for zombies.
    Flush the toilet and run out of the stall to test for explosive traps.
    return to stall.
    Lock door.
    Pull down pants.
    I'm normally commando if your not, remove boxers and what not.
    Remove gun from holster.
    Sit down.
    Check to make sure you gun is loaded in case the butt zombie sneak attack you.
    Point gun in safe direction, i normally point it to the floor or a wall in case. I will normally pick the stall at the end to help assure there is a wall. I normally do the commando hamick method or sit it on the toilet paper thingy if it is flat.

P.S. word of warning, do not kick open the stalls in a Toys'R'US as it scares the children and the soccer moms get upset

wwdkd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Valparaiso
    I don't use public facilities so I've never had this particular problem. I guess I would keep the gun in its holster and set them on the toilet paper dispenser.

redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    I don't use public facilities so I've never had this particular problem. I guess I would keep the gun in its holster and set them on the toilet paper dispenser.

when a mans got to go, a mans got to go!! :40oz: what do you do!? i like the whole pants thing just set it in there and cover it up or i have even put in on the toilet behind me but good question

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I assume the position on the throne, then put both feet on the door to prevent "unwanted entry". Hold sidearm firmly in a two-handed grip aimed center mass of stall door.

After having a serf rid my back-side of excess fecal materials, I return sidearm to holster, and I'm good to go!

Tommy Toilet says, "Don't forget to wipe your a$$ folks!:D

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    I assume the position on the throne, then put both feet on the door to prevent "unwanted entry". Hold sidearm firmly in a two-handed grip aimed center mass of stall door.

I have tried this in the beginning only to find that zombies don't usually use the door. They crawl under. Just a heads up and my :twocents:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Normally set it up on the tp holder if its flat enough. Most of my holsters are IWB for belt, or IWB tuckable, and with the weight of a full size 1911 may tilt one way or another. I generally find somewhere to set it, but then clean it real good when I get home!

Top Bottom