• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Who exactly would have the responsibility of removing and trying said violators? A federal court? The Congress itself? The DOJ?

There is an easier solution: voting.

Anyone reminded of the Bolshevik Revolution, when 'enemies of the people' were routinely liquidated? If that's the route you really want to go, consider the result that could come about (a terror-driven police state, with an extensive Gulag).

For all the hyperbole here, the US is not close to that. Yet. We shouldn't wish for that 'solution' to our problems.

Well, in this country we have an objective document that says what can and can't be done. Use that.

Members who are removed would be replaced by another round of voting. Do this and I doubt those who follow them will make the same mistakes.

If voting was an easier solution, we wouldn't have the problems we have today. It's not only about voting but who you can vote for. In my lifetime, I've had to vote dumb or dumber. Better candidates would present themselves if there was accountability.

If a civilian does something to hurt the country, like a bomb threat on a federal building or something equally stupid, they go to jail. But politicians that vote to bankrupt our country for their own personal gains get a pass or at worst get voted out with their lifetime pensions and they keep all the money they stole from the taxpayers via insider trading or whatever. Doesn't sound too bad to screw America if there's no accountability.

Last edited:

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Well, in this country we have an objective document that says what can and can't be done. Use that.

Members who are removed would be replaced by another round of voting. Do this and I doubt those who follow them will make the same mistakes.

If voting was an easier solution, we wouldn't have the problems we have today. It's not only about voting but who you can vote for. In my lifetime, I've had to vote dumb or dumber. Better candidates would present themselves if there was accountability.

If a civilian does something to hurt the country, like a bomb threat on a federal building or something equally stupid, they go to jail. But politicians that vote to bankrupt our country for their own personal gains get a pass or at worst get voted out with their lifetime pensions and they keep all the money they stole from the taxpayers via insider trading or whatever. Doesn't sound too bad to screw America if there's no accountability.

Well said.

All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

Top Bottom