• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    I love my xd 9mm tactical 5" and am considering getting a compact or sub compact to carry. I also love my sr9c that I carry every day. And the M&P 9mm I rented at the range over the weekend was a dream to shoot, minus the stupid hinged trigger. I also love the feel of the cz75 but havent yet had the pleasure of shooting one. Really you need to go find a gun that fits the bill for what you want, because there are many "best" pistols out there. Hell I'd even reccomend a glock and I hate glocks, not because they are bad guns but because they dont fit me.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    up until a few weeks ago i would have said glock 17. but i shot my buddy's ruger sr9 and was really impressed.

They are great guns, this morning I finally cleaned mine after three months of carrying where ever I was legally allowed and a few hundred rounds of cheap ass ammo spread throughout that time. It was no wonder the gun had such a gritty trigger. But even being dirty as hell, covered in dust, deodorant, sweat, dirt, and grime I still never had a failure with it. Need to get back into the routine of cleaning it at least every month again, hard to believe I got so lazy with my main carry gun.:n00b:

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    I am leaning heavily towards the xd I loved the way it felt in my hands the good thing I suppose is that the ones I like the xds Sr9s m&ps are normally around the same price point my thing is I don't have money to go spend a hundred bucks on ammo and renting guns but it seems like they get traded around quite a bit so I could always do that if I don't like it but I don't shoot but maybe a couple times a year maybe I didn't know with the milleniums and stuff I've seen pics but never seen one in person so Idk how they would feel seems like everyone loves or hates them back and forth

Keep in mind, if your going to use it to carry, your going to want to send 100 or so rounds through it including JHP which is more expensive to be sure it will cycle your chosen JHP. You don't want to find out it doesn't like it when it counts.

You will also need to clean it. Guns get dirty when you carry them every day, dirty guns can malfunction. Cleaning supplies, while inexpensive are required.

To answer your question, I choose Glock.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I really dont understand you dislike of glocks - they are tested and proven - I have a 34 and love it - with that said I used to own a 5906 and found it accurate but heavy so i traded it - sounds like you need to go fondle some different ones and shoot the ones that fondled well - find the one that feels good to you - most good looking ones do not shoot or feel good - I chose glock you may not

balzack2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    South of Ft Wayne
    One not mentioned yet is a kahr 9, cost a little less and from what I've read is reliable. Another is the Star, I had the 40 cal and had 200 - 300 rounds thru it w/o a problem.
    But for ultra reliable it's hard to beat a glock, I have 2 and am a big fan.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    No question, the Sig Sauer P226. This is one of the old standbys by which all other pistols are judged. Unquestioned reliability and accuracy. There are several variations of the P226 try them all and then buy one. You will not be disappointed.

AmericanNoir86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Check out the Beretta PX4 Storm Inox. I own the compact and the recoil is non-existent. As far as the look, you either love it or hate it. All the other suggestions are great as well.

jimbolucky13

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    CZ makes quite a few wonderful options, if you want inexpensive and polymer I like the p07 duty. I actually bought a used one, an early one at that. I really liked it except the fact the mag was so tight I felt like I needed a pry bar to remove it:): I called CZ usa to see what they thought about, and there answer was simple. We'll issue a call tag, you send it back, we'll send you a brand new one. I explained I bought it used, one mag, no box. They explained they didn't care they would just ship me a new one. Hard to beat customer service like that. They told me it would be a 2 maybe 3 week turn around. It was shipped off and back at my place in 8 days. I like them enough to where I bought an OD green one as soon as it was released, which was a whole story of it's own. short version is I couldn't find a dealer in the state no matter mom and pop or super corporate that could get me one. Then our friends a Bradis called and said they could get me one. That seems like a really long story to say that the CZ P07 duty is a nice inexpensive 9mm option:D

excellent customer service: check
    straight up cz reliability: check
    cz accuracy: check
    pretty: check(assuming od green counts)
    can't go wrong really

Forgot to mention some useful information... you said the best 9mm, whether you choose a cz p07 duty won't make you wrong. the options you listed in the op are not them. There is a difference between inexpensive and cheap, those are cheap.

Last edited:

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    :yesway:
    No question, the Sig Sauer P226. This is one of the old standbys by which all other pistols are judged. Unquestioned reliability and accuracy. There are several variations of the P226 try them all and then buy one. You will not be disappointed.

:yesway: the Sig 226 is IMHO the gold standard. If you feel it is to big for a EDC, look at the 239 or 229. My 239 is always at my side.

Hoosierhunter97

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Not to be a smart-arse here, but the best 9mm is the one that "feels" the best to the individual. Many of my friends and I own 9mm handguns and not one of us, own the exact same model. My personal preference is the thinner grip, since I just "feel" like I have far better control over it.
    I agree with dyerwatcher though, the Sig 226 is the Ferrari without any doubt

dilligaf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Just south of Heaven
    CZ makes quite a few wonderful options, if you want inexpensive and polymer I like the p07 duty. I actually bought a used one, an early one at that. I really liked it except the fact the mag was so tight I felt like I needed a pry bar to remove it:): I called CZ usa to see what they thought about, and there answer was simple. We'll issue a call tag, you send it back, we'll send you a brand new one. I explained I bought it used, one mag, no box. They explained they didn't care they would just ship me a new one. Hard to beat customer service like that. They told me it would be a 2 maybe 3 week turn around. It was shipped off and back at my place in 8 days. I like them enough to where I bought an OD green one as soon as it was released, which was a whole story of it's own. short version is I couldn't find a dealer in the state no matter mom and pop or super corporate that could get me one. Then our friends a Bradis called and said they could get me one. That seems like a really long story to say that the CZ P07 duty is a nice inexpensive 9mm option:D

excellent customer service: check
    straight up cz reliability: check
    cz accuracy: check
    pretty: check(assuming od green counts)
    can't go wrong really

Forgot to mention some useful information... you said the best 9mm, whether you choose a cz p07 duty won't make you wrong. the options you listed in the op are not them. There is a difference between inexpensive and cheap, those are cheap.
    I have to agree with this. Also the P01 is a great midsize option. Best 9mm is what is best for you. How it fits & points for you would be the first critera to fill & go from there.

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    I am looking for a midsized pistol 9mm I really loved the xd the Sr9c felt ok with the grip extensions but I think they are ugly I don't like glocks I want something bitone what's your opinions on the sw9ve and the taurus milleniums I want a quality pistol but also the cheaper the bettet
    The best 9mm is the one that suits your needs and are most comfortable with.
    Everyone has their preference... Find yours.

Top Bottom