What is the best buy you ever made at the 1500?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    At the August Show--------1,long gun "harcase",and 1, CO2 Pistol=3.00 for both-----

Long story,but true

"I may have more guns than I need---but not nearly as many as I want"

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Yes Dirtebiker, it was years ago, (I had my own FFL and table 92-95) an old farmer comes up 15 mins from closing time, and asks if I want to look at a pistol he is wanting to sell in a zippered rug case thingy. I almost said no, I was packing up and dint need any guns but he said it was a .45, and this was a BG (before Glock)time in my life so I said sure.

He unzipped and handed me a 1915 dated 1911 Colt US Army and one two tone mag.
    beutiful, wanted $300 cash for it. said it belonged to his grandfather, and this guy was easily in his 60's. I noticed 3 angle file cuts on the frame ^ ^ ^ spaced out like that at the frame bottom of the magwell. I asked him why anybody would angle file ^ ^ ^ to the butt of that gun. Grandpop killed three Mexicans with the pistol he said, and he notched it.

Sits at the very bottom of my safe, wiped down once every year, added a WWI printed manual to the case. My boy will take it to the nearest pawn shop the day after I start my dirtnap and get about $300 from a dealer for it.

Good story! Great gun! I'll give it a good home right beside my M1! :patriot:

jbrich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Gas City, IN
    Several years ago a good friend of mine got the score of a lifetime. He was standing outside the 1500 when he seen a gentleman walk up with a rectangular box. He knew what it was and asked him if he could see it so they both went back to his truck to take a look. He opened it up to see an original 1921 colt thompson smg. The guy only wanted a new goldwing honda in trade. My buddy jumped on it. Started all the necessary paperwork. Im not sh!6ing you this thing was gorgeous. Looked damn near brand new. When i finally got to fire this I almost cried;) It ran like a sewing machine. You could literally write your name with it. True story, I swear!!:ar15:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1000 rds of military ball in the steel can for $190.00
    That was in 1997 or so.....It was a good deal but look at it now.
    Last time I was at the 1500 was 1990 I believe.

Top Bottom