What is the best buy you ever made at the 1500?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I got a pretty sweet deal on a Glock that came with a few mags and a case. I think the previous owner used the case to store his sticky stinky weed in because I was getting a contact buzz just completing the transaction.

I thought I got that aired out pretty well. Thanks for being cool about it. :pimp:

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Really? a GEN 2.5 G21 SF? Gen 2.5 is finger grooves no rail, SF is strictly a GEN 3 thing. So :dunno:. Maybe a GEN 2.5 with a grip reduction? Or the rarest glock ever made? We need pics of this either way.

It took me forever to track down the born on date and where it came from. That big list on Glock talk didn't even have my first the letters lol the grip doesn't seen reduced, but the box did say SF on it. Pics inbound.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    aac2e12e.jpg

indianaarsenal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    valparaiso IN
    I found a WWII storage case for the early m2 infrared sniperscope for $60. a few years ago, there are only 2-3 known left to exist. I have turned down $3000+ several times for it.

that is the best I have ever done at indy.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home

Thats a Gen 2.5 for sure. Not an SF though it is a std G21. If the serial # on the case and pistol match it is a factory refurb. Those pistols came in the old tupperware peel off lid cases. IIRC Gen 2 G21's were produced from 91 to 95 ish, Gen 2.5's from 95 ish to late 96, then late 96 early 97 came the 3rd gen with the rail.

The SF was not introduced until 2007, first came the 1913 picatinny rail with ambi mag release, then the std glock rail with the ambi mag release, then the std glock rail with the std mag release.

The refurbed LE trade in's sometimes come in the newer clamshell cases. All SF frames have a little flat "window ahead of the trigger guard on the side of the frame below the slide that has SF in that "window". If the tag says SF it is a misprint. Got several of those "Clinton era ban" mags myself. If they cause you any feeding problems replace the follower with the new style.

Sweet price though! Nothing wrong with the gen 2.5's unless you want a light on it or it doesn't fit your hand. You can call Glock in Georgia and they can tell you when that pistol was produced from the serial #.

The serial # list on G talk is user submitted and incomplete.

Personally I would love a Gen 2 frame with the gen 3 light rail! My ideal frame configuration. Hope this helps clear up deal you lucked into.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Thats a Gen 2.5 for sure. Not an SF though it is a std G21. If the serial # on the case and pistol match it is a factory refurb. Those pistols came in the old tupperware peel off lid cases. IIRC Gen 2 G21's were produced from 91 to 95 ish, Gen 2.5's from 95 ish to late 96, then late 96 early 97 came the 3rd gen with the rail.

The SF was not introduced until 2007, first came the 1913 picatinny rail with ambi mag release, then the std glock rail with the ambi mag release, then the std glock rail with the std mag release.

The refurbed LE trade in's sometimes come in the newer clamshell cases. All SF frames have a little flat "window ahead of the trigger guard on the side of the frame below the slide that has SF in that "window". If the tag says SF it is a misprint. Got several of those "Clinton era ban" mags myself. If they cause you any feeding problems replace the follower with the new style.

Sweet price though! Nothing wrong with the gen 2.5's unless you want a light on it or it doesn't fit your hand. You can call Glock in Georgia and they can tell you when that pistol was produced from the serial #.

The serial # list on G talk is user submitted and incomplete.

Personally I would love a Gen 2 frame with the gen 3 light rail! My ideal frame configuration. Hope this helps clear up deal you lucked into.

Yeah, I called them a few months back and the guys at Glock were seriously the nicest people I've talked to so far. The guy in records told me It was made Oct 97, and went to the feds in Virginia, then got picked up by state police, and THEN wound up with a sheriffs dept in the sticks of VA. Dunno how it wound up here, but the guy had three of them, all VSPD trade in's, and was selling them for $399.

Don't care much for the light rail, never use them, but I do like the grip, fits my hand pretty well.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Yeah, I called them a few months back and the guys at Glock were seriously the nicest people I've talked to so far. The guy in records told me It was made Oct 97, and went to the feds in Virginia, then got picked up by state police, and THEN wound up with a sheriffs dept in the sticks of VA. Dunno how it wound up here, but the guy had three of them, all VSPD trade in's, and was selling them for $399.

Don't care much for the light rail, never use them, but I do like the grip, fits my hand pretty well.

Most of the Glock LE direct trade guns are sent to either Lipsey's or RSR for resale by Glock. At least thats the way it used to be when my family was in the biz! Most of the dealers know both those Distributars well, RSR is/was one of the largest in the country and Lipsey's was the place to look for special runs and refurb Glocks. Back in the mid 90's we were buying refurb gen 1 17's for around $200 from RSR and Lipsey's.

Enjoy the new toy!

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Most of the Glock LE direct trade guns are sent to either Lipsey's or RSR for resale by Glock. At least thats the way it used to be when my family was in the biz! Most of the dealers know both those Distributars well, RSR is/was one of the largest in the country and Lipsey's was the place to look for special runs and refurb Glocks. Back in the mid 90's we were buying refurb gen 1 17's for around $200 from RSR and Lipsey's.

Enjoy the new toy!

Oh, I do! I can't believe I never got one before then. It's surpassed all the expectations I've had for Glock. I've even gone so far as to run my own abuse test on it. I've thrown it in mud, sand, water mix, and it just keeps going lol. I don't care too much about the finish anyways (it's a duty gun now) and eventually I'll try my hand at refinishing it because I've heard Glock's refinishing is nowhere near the original factory finish.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    probably the bag of cinnamon pecans I always buy, which trials a long way behind the trip to Papa Roux I always take ;)

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Yes Dirtebiker, it was years ago, (I had my own FFL and table 92-95) an old farmer comes up 15 mins from closing time, and asks if I want to look at a pistol he is wanting to sell in a zippered rug case thingy. I almost said no, I was packing up and dint need any guns but he said it was a .45, and this was a BG (before Glock)time in my life so I said sure.

He unzipped and handed me a 1915 dated 1911 Colt US Army and one two tone mag.
    beutiful, wanted $300 cash for it. said it belonged to his grandfather, and this guy was easily in his 60's. I noticed 3 angle file cuts on the frame ^ ^ ^ spaced out like that at the frame bottom of the magwell. I asked him why anybody would angle file ^ ^ ^ to the butt of that gun. Grandpop killed three Mexicans with the pistol he said, and he notched it.

Sits at the very bottom of my safe, wiped down once every year, added a WWI printed manual to the case. My boy will take it to the nearest pawn shop the day after I start my dirtnap and get about $300 from a dealer for it.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Sits at the very bottom of my safe, wiped down once every year, added a WWI printed manual to the case. My boy will take it to the nearest pawn shop the day after I start my dirtnap and get about $300 from a dealer for it.

If you're concerned about it - I'll allow you to leave your collectibles to me upon your passing. I will either A) liquidate them accordingly or B) keep them - your choice.

<------ would that face lie to you?

Top Bottom